Profile picture for AJW 1975

Do I seal or replace cracked concrete garage floor?

We have an old garage that the last owners turned into a shed with a cracked concrete floor.  I am thinking of insulating the walls and turning into a man room, but there is the old concrete floor that is cracked up pretty bad.  Is this something I can pull out and replace or just seal over and put flooring on top of?
  • October 16 2012 - US
  • 0

Concrete is a weird animal. We recently did a new patio over an old one. My best advice to your question is google some concrete companies in your area and ask a concrete guy what is best!

Profile picture for therealtorguy
If radon is a problem in your area, I would suggest replacing the floor. You can purchase a kit and perform a radon test yourself. Otherwise, if the floor is flat and doesn't have odor issues, then you can probably seal it and create a man cave.