Do I still have to wait 2-3 years to apply for a Mortgage if the Short Sale was due to a Divorce?

• December 11 2012 - Mount Kisco
  • 0

Hello and Thank you for your question...

The waiting period after a short sale is pretty rigid.  I don't know of many if any lenders or banks that will budge on this guideline.

I have tried many times to get some of my clients approved that had financial hardships to various reasons but I have not had much success.

I have heard of a program out there from a few of my colleagues that if you put 25% down you may not have to wait.

I hope this helps....

Chris Perez - Real Estate Finance - San Francisco, CA

You may not be able to qualify now.  But, make an appointment with a loan officer at 2 local banks to determine what is possible and when.