Profile picture for jkreeves

Do "Make Me Move" homes actually sell?

We are looking to sell/buy next Spring, but I was curious as to whether or not we should go ahead and start seeking interest now by using the Make Me Move feature.  Wondering if anyone has seen or heard of individuals having good luck with this option?

June 22 2010 - US

Zillow has indicated in the past that they have data that some do sell, when the make-me-move price is in the right range.  Some they indicated sold after changing to a listing by an agent after it was determined that their asking price was in the correct range based on contacts.

I don't know of any location to see any statistics on Make Me Move closed sales though; nor even average days on Zillow.

Mine is over 1150 days on Zillow now.  You too could make an offer at at least 4 times present market value of you really want it, and I'd be happy to let you have it.

Remember though, if you want to reset the days on Zillow counter, it needs to not have a listing nor make me move on Zillow for at least 30 days.

Profile picture for rockinblu

Some time ago I helped one that sold with an answer on removing his listing. I think quite a few more sellers will be opting for MMM and using real prices, rather than forking out $39.95.

No I have not heard anything about "Make me move". The best advise is find a realtor to do all your work for you.  

When a property is placed on the market, you want to make the most of the two week exposure before it becomes stale. That's how short a buyer's interest. Once past the 2-week period, you may need to make adjustment to the listing to get some attraction but even that you still lose ground. Work with a professional who can help you strategize from begin to end, and be adapt to changes and realistic to price.

I've known several people who've posted "make me move" but not a single one of them had even a single interested call.    Why?  All put down a dream price, not a realistic price.