Profile picture for you go girl

Do Utah real estate agents stage open houses just for the brokers?

My agent didn't advertise my open house - in fact she asked me what the traffic pattern was like on Saturdays - in fact no one came through&she left me a message asking me for ideas as to why no one showed up.
Am I expecting too much?
  • May 29 2009 - Sandy
  • 0

Quite often agents stage an open house to make the seller feel like they are trying their best. Usually, open houses and advertising them, are a waste of time and money. Most of the people who viit will just be curiou and not actual buyers. One suggestion, if your agent will be there, is combine an open house with a yard sale. At least you will likely see more traffic through the home.

You are suppose to tell her how to sell your house? Where was she during the Open House? Is this a full service brokerage or discount brokerage?

Most Realtors today no longer rely on print media to advertise Open Houses because (based on my local experience) it's a waste of money. This may be different in your area, but that could be the reason your home wasn't advertised 

Your agent should have the Open House listed on MLS and their companies website. Plus lots of signs in the neighborhood.  Some agents drop off fliers in neighborhood coffee shops and even will flier the neighbors houses.