Do agents know we'll work with them when they view a "Make Me Move" listing?

• June 06 2012 - Oakwood
  • 0

This is a good question. The answer is no.  Agents assume that non-MLS listed sellers are not willing to pay a commission.  Even when made aware of a non-MLS seller offering a commission, they know that the commission is "unprotected."  An unprotected commission offer is a scary thing, agents know and many have experienced where they bring their buyer, the buyer gets interested in the property, and the seller changes their mind or reduces the commission.  I wrote an article in my blog about this subject, I'm not sure if I can link to it or not: http://dayton.flatfeemlslisting.com/content/do-buyer-agents-show-non-mls-listed-homes-their-buyers.html

If the link is moderated out of this post, just go to my profile, click on my website, select Ohio, then Dayton, then About-Blog Flat Fee MLS Blog, then go to page 5 of the blog entries.  The post is entitled "Do buyer agents show non-MLS listed homes to their buyers?"

The other issue is that agents don't use Zillow in general, they use the MLS, which has far better and more accurate information.

I hope this helps.  Thank you and Good Luck.

Profile picture for Gabilan Properties
Maybe 1 in a thousand! When agents search for properties for their clients, they typically spend the majority of time looking at active listings on the MLS.

There is a cooperation agreement built into the system and that is how the agent knows they will be paid if there is a successful close of escrow.

My experience has been that those that post a make me move price are so far out of line with the market that there will never be a meeting of the minds or close of escrow.