Profile picture for userABC123XYZ

Do realtors get offended when their buyers hire an attorney?

I am under contract and am thinking of hiring an attorney to look out for my best interests and give me straight-up honest answers.  I don't feel like my realtor is doing that right now.

February 11 - US

Is your Realtor working as an Agent or a Transaction broker?  There is a big difference between the two.  You have a right to hire an attorney and personally I would not be offended if someone wanted a second eye on the contract. I would also bring it up to the agent, it may be awkward but this is our job and if you are not feeling comfortable with the communication or the way things are being explained then they need to know so they can fix it before it becomes a problem.  Good luck and Congratulations on being under contract!  

February 11
Does it really matter?

February 11