Do virtual tours online really attract buyers ?

April 27 2011 - US

I think they can be good and bad because tours are a way in which many buyers may already be making up their mind.  I've seen tours done on homes that were too small to have them and once it shows something in that home that isn't very flattering you can bet most buyers don't want to see it.  I feel that nice photo's of the home can sometimes be better. 

There isn't a home that will have everything a buyer wants but a smaller home may have really great features or be in a super area that a buyer will need to physically go to in order to appreciate it.  I've seen too many tours show 'too much' and I feel can sometimes hurt more than help.

Maria,
Virtual tours are more important now than ever with most buyers doing their own research online before contacting an agent.  This is the best way to have them see the inside of the home in its entirety as apposed to 7- 10 still pictures.  But do not stop there.  The next step it to build a individual web page for the property.  This way you can have large high definition pictures (50-100) along with descriptions and details in each picture as well as video.  The ability to really present the  property is unlimited.