Profile picture for lisacunn

Do you get a mortgage or a small business loan?

I am interested in buying a property with a home on it, but I would be running a business out of it as well. Would I be applying for a small business loan or a mortgage?
  • April 19 2011 - Staten Island
  • 0

What type of business will this be?  Many businesses can be run out of a home without the home considered commercial or business use property. Will you be living in this property while running the business?  Do you have a history of owning this business in that area?  What percentage will you put down?

I assume you have already done the research and know that the ordinances will allow you to do this.  Visit the local bank in the area that supports this community and they will identify for you what your options are.