Do you have Real Estate Question?

You can ask any RE question and get a straight answer
  • May 28 2009 - Fayetteville
  • 0

Michele--

Zillow has plenty of questions for you to answer. Search a little further on the site. Your post looks more like spam than it does anything else.

Profile picture for SheriMoritz
Here is a questions...Have your read the guidelines for Zillow and directly self promoting???? 

Zillow makes it clear that consumers can ask questions there is NO need to continue posting all day in different sections. Instead you need to sign up to get alerts when a consumer DOES ask a question and you can link to the question to answer it that way.

You cooperation in working within the structure already established would be greatly appreciated!!

Profile picture for SheriMoritz
Chip-
Thanks for also replying and being more kind and gentle!  I love the clip art though.  Very appropriate!

Well I have searched questions and they were being answered by non perfessionals so I thought I would make a place for people to ask in my market. I really didn't think I was self promoting by offering free advice.ChipThe spam pic is rather rude. You just assume the worst it seems to me

Sheri
Your first comment "Here's a question" is kind of rude to

I would apologize but not to you two. I am a person with feelings

"Well I have searched questions and they were being answered by non perfessionals "

How do you know whether those posting are "perfessionals" or not?  There are professions that involve things other than an agent tag that are directly relevant to the discussions here.  Most of them require more education than an agent.  Furthermore, you can feel free to lend your advice to any thread whether or not someone else has posted.  It is no excuse for spam.

What is this beat up on Michele day. I kept getting kicked into areas not relateing to my market
So how do I delete these discusions. I really do not want to make anyone else made and make rude comments.I was really just trying to give free advice in my market not SPAM
I hate SPAM

Michele, no one is "kicking" you anywhere.  All you have to do is stop pressing the keys...

Look, Zillow is not Trulia.  You have to know what you are talking about and, sometimes, have a thick skin to hang here.  People are not going to lap up everything you say because you have the word "agent" after your name.  If anything, it might be a detriment.  I recommend that you take some time and lurk here for a while and read the comments of others.  I have a feeling that you may learn a few things.

oh no....

Michele, I did lurk for a while before I jumped in.....glad I did.

I am sorry that your feelings were hurt. Zillow can be hard for new posters both professionals and non-professionals alike. You just made a mistake. I guess you are human :) You can give free advice without any problem in your local area and other forums on the board too. A great way to get started is to pick one topic that you know a lot about or like to discuss and post a short informational paragraph. Something as simple as what documents you need to bring to closing or what to consider in a neighborhood or what your favorite local neighborhoods are appreciated and not spam. Please refer people to your profile page to contact you instead of posting full contact info. Many agents make that mistake in some of their first posts and get flagged for spam. Weigh in on any questions that you just want to comment on or have something to add. As somebody who has posted a bit, I would only urge caution in using two phrases that seem to get things nasty on the board fast "nobody has a crystal ball" and "now is the best time to buy." Feel free to discuss your market and any other issues that interest you on the board. The more links to articles or information about your local market the better. Posters with questions appreciate each reply and often get good information that they can use through the normal course of the discussion and the debate if there is any. You are a professional in your market and you can use Zillow to share your information with people who will appreciate your help. There are many nice people on the board and it is a good way to get your name out into the public so people from your area will see you, get to know you and contact you when they need a local agent. Welcome to Zillow. Hope to see you around the board :)

As somebody who has posted a bit, I would only urge caution in using two phrases that seem to get things nasty on the board fast "nobody has a crystal ball" and "now is the best time to buy."

Sunny, don't forget the old "using an agent is free to buyers."  8)

LOL I think you have a fan right now in the sellers forum that wants to fight about that one. I am a little slow today so I think I may have stepped in it over there. I apologize in advance if I said something I shouldn't have. I should have stayed out of it. After all, the money does come straight form the buyers bank. OT It just occurred to me today that I finally see the purple butterfly avatar and not the flamingo and still know that it's you posting. Talk about slow ;)

LOL Sunny.  Glad you mentioned it - I hardly ever frequent the seller's forum these days and would have missed it.  Your comments are always appreciated by me in any thread.  8)

Sunnyview the seller is the one who agrees to the commission so I don't know how people keep saying the buyer pays the commision when the seller is the one not getting the funds in their bottom line even though the comps show what price to set. They are the ones losing the money because if the home appraises then it is all good especially when the home appraises for $3000-$5000 over the contract price and the buyer even gets their closing costs, and a one year home warranty paid for by the seller
Thank you for your post. I already asked zillow to remove my discussions. I don't think it is about thick skin I think it envolves people simply sending a polite email just for me saying "Hey Michele, you're not supposed to post disscusions like these because they look like spam, thouhjt you might want to know it will probably be flagged LOL

Michele, you should stay away from the NAR koolaid.  They put some nasty stuff in there.

Michelle,
You just have to get way better at disguising the spam to look like boloney.Then, they will just pick on you for what your boloney says.

I'm not picking on you. I want to tell you, that there aren't very many NC folks around here. There are mainly people from the 4 problem states. I'm from SC.

So, unless you just like the taste of boloney, this place is not much fun. You can learn a lot about National Real Estate, and boloney, here though. And spam.

Yeh, I see what you mean. How is it where you are at? We went to willmington a few weeks ago to buy equipment for our siding business and the guy who sold it to us said it was bad there. I guess living here near Ft. Bragg we are lucky. I knew when the prices went up the few years back and people started borrowing against that ridiculous hike there was bound to be trouble and I said it then. Our home values didn't change like that here but I have a friend who owns a shack on the beach and I told her don't you dare borrow against that place you will be sorry and she called me and thanked me ten times over. I guess investors were buying places down there and selling them in 30 days and making $40000-$70000 and now the final owners are paying for it with an upside down mortgage.. Thank you for your input it is appreciated. What is your market area maybe sometime I can send you a client

I do stay away thank you. I am only a member for the mls and my supra key. I never go to the monthly lunch meetings at the Holiday Inn because the chicken is dry and the people that run the local chapter are like stale bread and if I could sale real estate without them I would. They are a dinosaur in this day and age

I'm back and forth, Rock Hill to Murrell's Inlet. The coast is hurting a bit. York County dipped, but bounced. It is nice to meet you.

My Brother is in F'ville, doing some contracting, at the base. They have 6 years worth of work. He might call you. 

Profile picture for Space_Truss
I thought NC market was doing good. At least a cute boy here was saying so.

OR, all the houses were sold and Michele does not have anything else to do :)

What work is he in? We were doing the new apartments for our main contractor   on basebut had to walk when the base guys wanted expensive materials and started nickel and diming our main contractor to death we would have been in the hole if we didn't get out of there. We are doing 1-2 houses a day for a few builders. Your brother might buy a home or might need some sidng work done? LOL. It is nice to meet you too. Maybe you will come visit your bro and we can have some drinks or lunch or something. If you ever want to look at the homes for sale here you can go to my site and click on the search for homes link without registering.

Ha Ha you can't show homes in the dark they just don't look the same

Michelle,
They are doing communications work. Fiber network connecting several different buildings. I'll find out more. You may be able to help some of them.

SpaceTruss
I am in SC. The SC Coast is hurting. I don't go to the NC coast.
My local market, in SC, dipped, but bounced. 

Profile picture for Space_Truss
Hamp,
I was talking about somebody else. :) There is a NC boy around.