Profile picture for Whitney T

Do you know at Realtor using an iPad?

Whitney from Zillow.com PR. If you know a real estate professional using an iPad, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Whitney
  • April 05 2010 - US
  • 0

I am using an iPad...

I'm using one too, but I'm still trying to figure out how I can write an offer using it.

@Karin - I hear you... I am working so that I can use the iPad in the full RE sales cycle... Search-Show-Contract-Execute... Still having trouble getting Zipform's to work with the iPad though... They have an iPhone app but it doesn't work as it is billed... Don't waste your $9.99... I am going to outfit all my agents with their own iPad as soon as I can get it working through the RE sales process... Interested to hear your suggestions... It won't be long!!! Clay

Profile picture for natewolf
Our MLS system does not support Apple/Mac products. And specifically does not run on iPad.

I bought one, but took it back once I realized our MLS system won't support it....major bummer.   I too would like to use it to write an offer. 

I don't have yet but planning to use it soon when prices come down a little more and hopefully with more useful tools

@Nate & @Rachael - The MLS in Dallas/Fort Worth does not support MAC (SAFARI) either... But there are ways to get around it... 1.  Use my own IDX website for MLS searches www.claystapp.com -- still working on it  2. There is a "beta" CITRIX thin client that allows access to (our) MLS -- I am told that it will be available for iPad soon  3.  Our showing service (showings.com) can be accessed via web browser. 4. DocuSign works on iPad -- kinda -- I have been told by DocuSign that they are finalizing updates... 

So... I guess there is still a ways to go but I am hoping that within a few weeks we will be able to use the iPad for every step in a transaction... Am I being overly optimistic??? 

Profile picture for Erik Wood
A colleague of mine is using the iPad. As others have mentioned, we also have issues with the MLS system not supporting mac/apple. I use an iPhone and have found it to be a great tool for buyers and sellers. The iPad's screen size is definitely much more practical so your clients can see what's on the screen vs. the iPhone.

Bought mine just a week ago and don't know why I waited three months. Also have the iPhone which is great for me but the client's really enjoy the full size screen rather than everyone huddling over the phone with all of us banging heads.

There is a lot of i Pad applications for real estate. not only MLS. You can also access Realtor.org and search from there or even use Zillow.
Also another way to use it is having all your listings in a link and then you can see with your clients on-line.

Get adobe professional on the ipad, save the document as a form, edit and print as necessary. When you save the document as a form, it is a blank editable contract. It works spectacularly!! However ADOBE is quite expensive. 

Profile picture for Alan May
I am NOT yet using an i-pad...

@Lane - it was my understanding that Adobe Professional (which I own) does NOT work on the i-pad.  Adobe is designed for the Apple Macintosh Operating System.

the i-pad doesn't use the same OS, it uses the same system as the i-phone, which cannot run Adobe products.

I am using an ipad and I am so happy with it. Makes showing homes easier and it also is great to use at an opne house. I am looking for the aps for it, still looking...

Profile picture for John Squier
Personally, I am waiting for the "Droid Version" as I am a huge Google fan. I am lead to believe it should be out soon.

Does anyone know if the Galaxy Pad can access the MLS?

Whitney - I use my IPad for listing presentations, to show buyers photos of listings, to esign documents, e-mail and blog.  I have the 3G 64G Ipad and love it.

Clay,

Which IDX provider do you use on your site?  It's amazing!  

Mia

Profile picture for TerritoryRE
We always use ipads. As an exclusive buyer brokerage it is a great replacement for the traditional listing sheet that usually wastes paper and doesn't have as much detailed info on a property like you can get on the web.
[content removed by moderator]

I have an iPad and am working on ways to integrate it into my business. So far, it is slow going, but I am hopeful that I can do away with a lot of paper moving forward.

Profile picture for Scottsdale AZ
I love my ipad. I use it when I am out with clients and on listing appointments. It is very helpful.

To all my fellow realtors:

Actually there is a way to get the MLS on your I-Pad.
It takes a few steps but very simple to do.
Here is how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZ6Y-vExYA

Enjoy,

Marc

I have to be honest.  The ipad is not the best tool for Realtors.  The Xoom is the future by Motorola.  You will never be able to download a flash drive on ipads which you need for a lot of real estate sites.  The Xoom is soon to launch the flash drive for Droid pads.  Yes- I have a Droid Xoom pad and the Droid phone.  They FAR excede the ipad!

I have to be honest the ipad is not a great tool for Realtors!  Now the Droid Xoom pad is another story.  The ipad will NEVER support Flashdrive which is neccessary for many Realtor sites we use.  The Droid on the other hand is soon to launch flashdrive which I am very excited about!  I have both the Droid Xoom pad and smart phone!  The two greatest tools a Realtor could oen! 

I have an iPad and love it!!! I use it to write contracts and to access my MLS system remotely. There are a number of apps that I find useful. For access to my MLS I use iTeleport. Basically it's a screen shot of your home/office computer. Quickoffice is another great app for attaching docs that are uploaded to your account for sending fast emails. Zipforms has an app used for writing contracts and lastly I use GoodReader for getting contracts signed (you can use your finger, however you can pick up a stylus for $15-$20) much more professional. The beauty of most of these apps is that my business is 60%-70% paperless.

I thought about getting an IPad but heard many issues with our MLS system, so I have a tablet from Verizon it is perfect for taking pictures of properties for banks and listings I can email to clients right on the spot or upload to MLS. I heard there is a contract program that I will be looking into going paperless soon. Will keep you posted.