Do you recommend using a home inspector?

Absolutely! A home inspector will $ave you money! When the buyer does a home inspection on their new home before purchase, the inspector will come up with a list of items that need to be corrected. The buyer and seller negotiate over which items will be fixed. If an agreement can't be finalized, the buyer has the opportunity to walk away from the deal and move on to another house.
Assist 2 Sell is the only company in the Camden County area that will pay for the home inspection for our buyers...a potential savings of $350! Be sure to mention you found us on Zillow when you call to receive this special.
Our goal is to find you the best house and $AVE you money.

If you are planning to knock the house down, then don't inspect it.  Otherwise I always recommend you get a home inspection.  I have yet to encounter a situation where it was not worth the money.

Good luck.

Always. Make sure that- 1) you have a home inspection contingency in your contract AND 2) you have a trusted licensed home inspector scheduled well in advance of the home inspection contingency deadline. Your buyers agent should have a great recommendation for an inspector. If they don't ask friends or family that have purchased a home recently. The home inspection is not only a time to find out what may be wrong with a home, but an educational process of what is in the home, how it works, and how it needs to be maintained. Lastly, don't go looking for coupons for the cheapest home inspector. Consider the cost of a home inspection a cheap insurance policy on your contract (that is if your contract allows you to cancel if you don't like what you find). A $300-$500 inspection will give you a fantastic education on the home you are about to purchase.

Yes, its a great idea, a home inspector teaches the buyer  about  the home , call me i pay  for the home inspection after closeing  if you hire me,

If you are looking to try to save money by not hiring a professional home inspector, unless you have a extended amount of knowledge in each area, you will more than likely end of costing yourself an extended amount of stress, time and money by the time you purchase the property.  Depending on the Loan Type such as Conventional, FHA or VA, it may not even close on time or at all, due to certain guidelines not able to be met by the property itself.
I would recommend however you speaking with your agent whom has a reputable inspector(s) to use.  Your also welcome to use any source of the internet or actual feedback from others on whom you deciding to choose.  If you have a particular concern, you may even want to hire a specialized inspector for that particular area. (Ex Stucco)

Let me know if I can further assist

Kevin 

Not only do I recommend a home inspection, but I will often reimburse for your home inspection.  Even with new construction, usually a good home inspector can find things wrong.  I personally had a house built way back in 2000, I did not get my new construction home inspected and found an AC duct completely disconnected a year later.  Get a Home Inspection!