Profile picture for JustJoe51

Do you think the market will get a little easier to buy say in like 6 to 9 more months it i wait?

With the way things are with buying a home do you think things will get a little easier if i wait 6 to 9 more months or stay the same ..  seems theres like 20 bids on each home for sale now, cant get nothing ...
  • August 20 2012 - Spring Valley
  • 0

Profile picture for Matt Hiatt
Here in Phoenix, our inventory is very low, which is causing price increases as well as multiple offers. This has been going on for over a year, and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Once our prices increase enough where people can sell their home without being "under water", then it should get better, but that will take longer than 6-9 months. Also, I don't know how long these low interest rates will last. All in all, no one really knows what the market might be down the road, but in my opinion, I don't see it getting easier to buy a home in 6-9 months.

We can not predict the future, though my personal gut tells me that prices will continue to go up, and banks will start to release more properties, but not like they used to; they are purposefully doing this to control supply, demand, and price. 

Profile picture for Gail Wyatt
I think after the election we will start to see if this country will rebound or stay the current course.  But until congress will start allowing us to get out of all the crazy programs and free give aways to certain home owners and certain states we are along ways before this mortgage/lending will ever get back to a busy business--like 10-15 years maybe!!

The banks are not willingly holding back these homes. AB 284 is the reason for the low inventory in Vegas.

When will the market recover? Nobody can guarantee an answer to this.

However, history does repeat itself, and the economy recovers after a fall 5 to 15 years, so it's been about 5 years now...

Also know, there's not as much inventory left as everyone thinks, here in Vegas. I don't believe you'll ever see a massive release of REO inventory ever again here in Vegas, banks are too smart for that now.

The banks rule the world, unfortunately.

I hear about this "phantom inventory" all the time but I agree it does not exist in the massive numbers that some predict. No doubt there are some but we will not see another massive wave of REOs that will send prices plunging again.

Best Regards,
Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
LVrealestateHELP Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies

I don't believe we will see prices coming down any time soon however we should see more inventory coming on in the coming months. I don't expect to see a large number of foreclosures but I do expect to see more short sales. So, waiting won't hurt but you should continue to look as the perfect house may show up tomorrow.

There is really no way to tell how much inventory there will be 6 months from now. If you are ready to purchase a new home you shouldn't let low inventory be a reason not to buy. Find yourself an agent that will find you homes that match your criteria and that will also get your offer accepted. I wouldn't wait to buy a home if you are ready now.

Nick Richardson
Wardley Real Estate