Profile picture for KimberlyKeith7

Do you verify the information regarding the listings on here?

I as interested in looking at and possibly renting the property at 23061 Wellington Ave in Warren Michigan.  The man's name was Rodney Kozyra...supposedly, he wanted us to Western Union him the money for the rent and deposit before showing us the house, even sent us a rental application and a lease.  We naturally refused.   But I am terribly disappointed and disgusted.  He also had a house at 14271 Toepfer Rd also in Warren...same scam.
  • August 28 2013 - Warren
  • 0

Profile picture for RueODay
The same thing happened to my fiance and myself. Same places we looked at too. Same everthing. We are reporting it to the Federal Trade Commision, and the better business bureau. ?. We were so upset, but we should have known better. Thank God no money was lost. not way we were giving any money's without meeting with someone in person.. nor would we fill out an emailed application.

Here's a link to Zillow's FAQ on scams and internet fraud.   , linked at the top of each rental listing.

NEVER send money to someone for a rental without meeting them in person and seeing the home.

Profile picture for Jacquester

I strongly suggest working with a Realtor for more accurate and safer transactions.  A local agent will have access to data not readily found on Zillow.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
I had one of my listings get taken to Craigs List where 3 people I know of sent this woman in Montana money for a fake rental. The police do nothing about it even after I found her and saw she had an upcoming court date there for writing bad checks.

Use your common sense and never pay upfront to see something.

Never wire someone you haven't met any money...and western union is a regular outlet for scammers so good for you guys that you refused.

The way it is done is that you always see the house first cause it maybe a pc. of crap.

A normal situation should not raise any flags period.

The only way to verify info is to visit the property . I have seen the same houses listed on different sites with different info on them.
-Joseph-

I think that Zillow does not verify anything on here....I am dealing with someone right now that took one of my listings and is advertising it for $800/mo rent, and the property isn't even for rent at all!  It is really making me angry.