Profile picture for Neil0

Documented income from Foreign Country

I'm going to apply for a refinancing loan, Fannie Conforming 30 Yr Fixed.
My employment is from outside the US, no W-2 for 2008.
I do have 7 years of  Tax returns, up until 2007, with W-2, but since 2008 I have foreign earned income only.
How should I present the proof of income? What documentation would lenders accept instead of W-2?

Your help is appreciated.
  • April 11 2009 - Waikiki
  • 0

Neil,

Never ran into this. ... This is just speculation. ... If you are an US Citizen that is Exempt from Federal Income Tax Return Filing due to out of country employment, a Formal Letter on that IRS ruling may work with the other documentation you are able to provide. As, pay stubs, bank account deposits, letter from employer, etc. ... The best way is to put a broker to work for you and let them give your situation their best. ... Good luck, Rudi