Does Zillow work?

Closed today with a first time Louisville home buyer. Contacted me through Zillow, we researched and viewed houses and he picked his favorite. 42 days later we closed and he is now moving in. Zillow worked for him. It will work for you.
  • August 27 2012 - Louisville
  • 2

Best Answer

I also was contacted by a first time home buyer through Zillow. We met and went over the home buying process in person and we are closing on her first home on October 3rd. It certainly worked for her!

Zillow, professionally used, is an excellent business partner.  Here's what you need to remember about Zillow clients. 
1. They appreciate an online experience
2. They want educated data and answers...and quickly
3. They value online reputation so they choose Zillow
4.  If they ask a question, they want an answer NOW

If you can remember who the client is that will be contacting you through Zillow and allow your Sphere to rate your service on Zillow you will build a local reputation that will yield you excellent results.  I regularly get relocating clients that say "I was referred to you"  I ask them who referred them so I can thank them and they say, "I saw all of your reviews on Zillow".  Many of those clients are incredibly loyal to you from the start because their fears are put aside from the reviews of your previous clients. 

It's great that Zillow moderates your reviews so they can make sure someone isn't just 'self-promoting' and that the reviews are legit too so you have to provide great service before getting great reviews.  Happy selling friends.

I have been with Zillow 6 months and have closed three homes in 4 months time.  I also have several active viable buyers that I am working with.  I have a significant portion of one zip code and a partial portion of one other which is less than 1 month old.  Zillow is a large part of my prospecting budget but seems to be worthwhile at this point.

@Clayton:   What steps are you taking to improve  your success on Zillow?   The Zillow Academy is very useful.    Thoughtful timely contributions to Advice can be very useful.

I have been a Zillow Premier agent for just over 2 months now and Purchased 12,000 hits for $300 a month in a zip code that I work in. I have had 9 people contact me from Zillow but haven't closed any deals yet. A couple were solicitors, a couple looking for rentals or just had questons and a couple looking for a house from out of state. Hopefully I will be able to convert some of these customers to clients. I still have nearly 10 months left on my contract so we will see if it was worth while. 

You have to be pro-active if they require some info about particular property you should answer to them at least within 5min or so. I am woking with couple buyers who contacted me through Zillow. I think its good way to get new leads.

Profile picture for ScottBROKER209
YEs, Zillow is a strong partner for me and many agents in my marketplace.  I think its important to get involved with all that Zillow has to offer.

As a 'preferred' agent, its also important to respond to the buyer/seller calls as quickly as possible in order to help the client.

Good luck to all.

Scott

I have been getting listings as a result of my presence on Zillow! It definitely works and it helps to take the advice of the people that work at Zillow too!

Glad to see/hear this!

That's great news!