Profile picture for beta1974

Does a builder have to abide by what's in the plat map of a subdivision?

I am in the process of getting a house built  a gated community but on the side of the neighborhood that I am in , it has no brick walls,nothing to separate my lot from the neighborhood right behind me.Its completely open. The builder said will not build a brick wall. They said it is up to the developer not them. I also pulled a copy of the plat map and it shows where they have accounted for a 10' wall and drainage easement right behind my lot so my question is, does the builder have to abide by what's in the plat map and put up a wall?
  • September 01 2013 - US
  • 0

Check with your local Planning & Zoning department, they will know.