Does anybody know where I could get historical mortgage rates or refinancing trends for a city?

Specifically, I'm looking for information on Cambridge, MA and surrounding cities during the 1990s, but any information would be helpful. 
  • December 16 2012 - Cambridge
  • 0

Profile picture for shapiroamg
1990's....first time rates hit the single digits.
1993 I got into the business, rates around the 5s
1995 or 6 bought my house with a rate in the mid 6s
they kept going down to...
1998 was the global bond meltdown, Russia and Brazil
went down some more and then started trending up until 9/11/2001

You probably wont find a historical chart for a specific city, rates/pricing are set for nationwide pricing, then a slight price adjustment for a few states
( not adjustment to the rate but to the price ).  The generic pricing should give you the trend you are looking for on the link below.  

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/mortgage_rates/charts.asp

This site has historical mortgage rates using the national average, but I don't know of any regional source for historical interest rates. 

You might try Freddie Mac. I found some information that looked like they had a regional breakdown of information, but I was unable to find the old historical information from them. Maybe you will have better luck. Hope the links help.