Does anyone have any feedback on Belcourt single family homes in Milpitas.

I am in market for single family home in bay area.
  • April 20 2013 - Milpitas
  • 0

I don't think you need a buyer's agent to go look at new homes. My husband and I did that and the agent is now getting a commission for doing nothing. Yes, it's not coming from our pocket, but she didn't really DO anything for us throughout the entire homebuying process because the builder and their preferred lenders lay everything out on the table for you. But whatever. The first answer you received tells me that agent dosen't know new homes because it was completely unhelpful and didn't answer your question at all. How convenient to bring up commission without doing any work to answer the question. Talk about violating the Good Neighbor Policy with "self promotion".....

Belcourt is really nice. The houses are very big for the area. Look at Sundrop Circle, behind it. The houses are eentsy-weentsy and have no yard. They are packing them in like sardines in a can! At least with Belcourt, you'd get some semblence of a yard. And 2 floors instead of 3.

I'd have to compare Belcourt to Westbury. I don't remember westbury's prices but they seemed big for the square footage and the layouts were really, really nice. (each house had a backyard that extends 10 feet from the porch and runs the length of the house. For the valley, that's actually a big backyard for new construction.) However, I do remember I personally did not like the location of Westbury.

If you decide to go with Belcourt and actually get a house (more and more builders are moving away from first-come-first-served and instead, toward lotteries), you just have to remember how close you are to your neighbors. But, they did build that park at the front entrance for the kids, which was very nice of them and an added bonus. I don't know if you have kids, but it's a selling point if you go to resell. It sucks that the highway is right there, but you always have to give something to get something. This case is highway for new construction. Sundrop Circle is privacy and highway both for new construction. Park View is a fire station for new construction. Porter Lane is Alum Rock for new construction. See the pattern?

I'd say if you like the house and really fall in love with a layout and you just love it, love it, love it--go for it. It's nice to say you're the first one who lived there and to buy a house that doesn't need any maintenance, for the first 5 years or so. Besides, I think the only ones that will really have noise problems from the highway are the ones that are right up against the wall ON the highway, by the main entrance. But this is Silicon Valley....there's traffic everywhere.

I am not a real estate agent, by the way.

We recommend that you contact a Buyer's Agent to represent you.  The Buyer's Agent represents your interests, but the Seller pays the commission for your Buyer's Agent.