Profile picture for Debra Clerf

Does anyone have experience with Market Leader lead generating system?

• December 10 2011 - US
  • 0

I got 0 leads and then after asking to close my account, was billed a couple of more months for good measure. 
  • January 14

Profile picture for bccloutier
Market Leader is absolute garbage. The "leads" contain bogus contact info and most leads are "just looking." Take it from someone who took it one faith that Trulia, which owns Market Leader, wouldn't sell a bad product to their existing customers -- Don't waste your money or your valuable time because the product is worthless.
  • January 14

Profile picture for vecchioct
Horrible, misleading, just a  real and simple fraud, They just give names  of people who often are not even the owners of the property in question. In the case of condos their "leads" do not even have to provide the unit number. It is like throwing money in the garbage.

There customer service is terrible-I do not recommend this company.  The leads were terrible I received. 

I have been a Market Leader customer for 6 months and have yet to close a deal.  The problem with this service is the "leads" are just people looking in a certain area to get an idea of home prices.  They are not necessarily purchasing or selling a home.  They don't have to input a phone number, just an email address to sign up on the site.  Out of 80 leads, I only received 6 phone numbers.  The interaction from the potential clients is very poor.  I spent a tremendous amount of time watching the webinars, learning how to set up my potential clients on their campaigns, etc. with little or no responses.  It was a total waste of time and money.  I would recommend Zillow over this site any day.  On Zillow, you are responding to someone actually in the market, not just someone looking out of curiosity

The customer service I received at Market Leader was appalling.  I had worked with a rep named Kimberly originally who told me I was able to modify my contract in 3 months if I wasn't happy, to reduce my lead number which would reduce my payment.  Of course, after 3 months, Kimberly was on maternity leave and no one knew what I was talking about.  Luckily, Kimberly had also talked with my husband before I signed up, and once he got involved they backed down and honored what she had told us.  I don't feel this is a very reputable company and a total rip-off.  I would never recommend them as a lead source.  I've talked with other agents....some who have gotten lucky and had a client out of it....some who didn't.  It's a definite hit or miss system.  If you pay $600 a month, you'll get 20 leads per month.  Maybe you'll get a client....maybe you won't.   That's a whole lot of marketing dollars that you can use elsewhere with much better results.

BTW.....Market Leader has recently been purchased by Trulia.

Horrible, I would not use them. They did a switch and bait on me. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Profile picture for isabel_1
I used them in late spring summer of 2012 and could not wait to cancell.  The sales representatives do not tell the truth about what your paying for.   When I called a few leads the propective customer was wondering why I was even calling them.

Profile picture for AlanCech4
They ripped me off, i posted the whole story on yelp.com . You can find my review and many more by following this link

http://tinyurl.com/ak9zy3g

Yes. I have used them for six months, then they charged me an extra month saying that the first free month they advertised didn't count as part of the subscription, though the contract says begins on approval. I paid over $500 for 20 leads every month, many of which were false names, false phone numbers. Those who sign up who say they already have still count against your total. Staff there is friendly but unhelpful. After 5 months of no good leads their rep tried to sell me an even more expensive product saying that if I had wanted good leads, I should have chosen his product. Poor quality leads overall and definitely not worth anything like what they charge! Also their "SEO" doesn't use key words so you won't get organic ranking in Google.   It's a nice website though and you can pay someone a lot less for that. I now have 2 active leads under $140K after all this time. Let the buyer truly beware of this money waster!

I don't but would also be happy to hear any positive or negative comments on them...