Does my ex agent have a right to send me rude emails? I find it a form of harrassment...

I've worked with my former agent for 5 months, she basically had an automatic computer generated system help find me a house. She never said to me, "I found a house for you" Her job should be going to broker open houses, and communicating any new listings. Any human contact was minimal, we are cash buyers! Isn't that enough information to get your lazy bum moving. I don't understand the logic of sending a jerky email to me. These things happen in every industry. People don't connect for whatever reason. It's just unprofessional.

My new agent lined up 7 houses in one day! And you know what, we bought a house. Boom. done.
  • March 07 2014 - US
  • 1

The phrase "in your world" is usually just a generic phrase and does not automatically imply racism/ethnic response.   One may use it in a sentence to their teenager when exasperated with one's teenager.    It certainly isn't a compliment, but one can't say for sure it is or isn't an ethnic/racist comment. (I think NYC is a different world!)

My experience is there are some great agents, some lousy agents and lots of average ones.   Some of the lousy ones have poor social skills,  poor skills in real estate, poor communication and many other "poor".   It sounds like you accidentally found one in the lousy category.

A gracious agent would send an E-mail "I'm so sorry it didn't work out. May you have great pleasure in your new home.  Good luck moving forward."  

You did the right thing to find another agent who would meet your needs.  

It is clear you are angry and upset.  Put this behind you.  Fighting with her will not help you recover.  It isn't your fault that she was a lousy agent.

Will people discriminate in your new area?   I hope not, but help them know that you are wonderful people who are great neighbors.  Be kind and interact with your neighbors.  Be a good neighbor.   People are always curious when a moving van pulls up , so even though it is a stressful time go say "hi, my name is xxxx.  I'm so happy to be moving into this wonderful neighborhood".

I'm upset by the comment of "my world" (see below) my husband is Indian and I'm Turkish. She showed us five houses in 7 months, was this comment necessary? I was born in nyc! I still have my nyc/nj accent. Is that the world she's talking about? Our listing came from another agent. I'm just in tears, can people have a prejudice against us in our new neighborhood. Will realtors start gossiping if I send something to the manager? :(((((

To say I am taken back by this is a complete understatement after 7 months invested.   

I am honestly so very surprised by your avoidance of a simple phone call and adding insult to injury  I have to learn this through an email.   I certainly feel I am DESERVING  of an explanation as to why you were not up front with your intentions, after all agents like myself have huge.investments in  time, energy and  not to mention gas....none of which anyone should be wasting in all due respect. 
 It is your option to work with any realtor of your choosing, however, extremely disappointing  as you likely took my INFORMATION and went elsewhere  without giving me  any common courtesy.  Maybe this is ok in your world but absolutely not the way I would operate.  It's a simple equation:   I  treat others the way I wish to be treated.
 In spite of this  terribly ungrateful situation I wish you and your family the best. 

Profile picture for shapiroamg
There is a level of expectations from both sides. Being signed up for auto delivery of listings is the norm these days.  But perhaps your orig agent didn't understand your needs/wants and motivation.  Shame on that person.

"My new agent lined up 7 houses in one day! And you know what, we bought a house. Boom. done."

lol  Your whole post looks like the reply email that your bitter ex agent needs..or you can just send her link. A touch of shame does wonders for some people. Congrats on your new house!

Their is no excuses for a realtor to be rude to a customer or a client (or former customer or client). If anything upset you to much you should forward it to her broker to make them aware (the broker will sit down with that agent and the agent will learn from it and likely send a sincere apology).

Glad to hear you made out well! Best Wishes...