Does the person I use to manage my property need a license?

I own a home in Rancho Sante Fe, San Diego. I want to hire a single individual to manage my properties. I collect the rent directly and I make all decisions. This person would help me with all tasks needed including fixing things and showing the house.

I know as a private owner I do not need a RE Liscense or a RE Brokers License. Does the person I hire or a friend that I ask to do these things for me need a license to do it for me?

Where is the law stating these details?

Thank you
  • May 24 2014 - US
  • 0

In California , If you do not own the property  or have a interest in the  property  you want to hire a professional that does have property management skills , I own 4 properties my self that I property manage But have had  a Real estate license and many hrs in the class rooms, over my 30 yrs in real estate have never had a bad tenant the biggest thing you need to know is do your home work ,Screen tenants , Go to there job site make sure they do have income , To many scams out there, As far as your question if your friend collects rents the and contract work needs a License but you can do what you want.