Profile picture for silberti

Does the zestimate for 9 Dickson Lane Mount Kisco NY take the rennovations into account?

Since sold in 2010, the house has been dramatically updated with a brand new kitchen, bathrooms, one (of three) garages converted into a mudroom, and others that I am not aware of.  Yes, the zestimate is almost $200,000. less than its purchase price?  Thanks for letting me know via email @ silberti@aol.com.

June 11 2012 - US

My house has the same "problem," as does anyone with changes/upgrades/updates to their home which aren't easily quantified. Zillow arrives at a Zestimate by using recent sales of properties which are similar in some very basic ways: sqf, bedrooms, bathrooms, lot size, age of original construction etc. So two neighboring homes of the same size, age etc. but whose interiors are completely different (one nearly trashed, the other lovingly upgraded with high-end finishes) would probably have very similar Zestimates to each other.

If you claim your home on Zillow, you can add the year of your remodel, but in my case it didn't change the Zestimate.