Does this fall within the Home Inspection Contigency in California?

After doing some research I found out that the home I am purchasing is not entirely remodeled (as listed), but rather just cleaned up.  Does this fall within the the home inspection contingency?  Can I use this to renegotiate the price?

December 20 2013 - US

"Remodeled" does not mean "renovated", nor "restored", nor "retrofitted".

I can't imagine why you were happy with the floor plan and finish materials before you made the offer, but are not happy with it now after you had your inspector look at it.

Of course you can try to renegotiate the price if you want to, but if I were the seller, I would just reject your requests, and let you walk away if you no longer want the property.

a consumer"s opinion... The inspection contingency is typically used to discover material defects with the property that could impact/alter/terminate the offer. Since "remodeled" was part of the listing, it could be fair game. In practice, the inspection contingency can be used for almost anything a buyer "discovers" about the house that they do not like. Since "remodeled"was is a broad, non-specific term, what specifically is the issue? Identifying specifics will be necessary to any negotiation.

Ask your agent or the agents manager. If you are under contract with another agent, other agents are not allowed to give you advice.