Profile picture for JenniferGerstenberger

Don't really know where to start!

My husband and I are really to that spot where we'd like to buy a house, but honestly, we hardly know where to start.

Both of our credit scores took a hit from our stupid teenage years (free money? ooooooooooooh), but are getting better. Husband comes in at 621, while I'm at 589.

I would really like any advice that is available. Much appreciated!
  • July 15 2013 - Bowling Green
  • 0

Here's a link to Zillow's buyer's road map.

Recognizing the dream is a good first step.   Now it is time to get financially ready (action plan to improve those credits scores to > 640, save up a down payment plus closing costs plus emergency fund) and learn about the home buying process.

My guess is the best advice you will get is to work on your credit scores. Your husbands score is borderline while your score is unacceptable to most lenders.