Down payment assistance?

Hello! My fiance and I are looking to buy a house. I am hoping to be able to purchase one prior to getting married (March of 2015). Problem is, we have been trying to save for a downpayment for about 2 years, and can never manage to get that savings account over 1200.00. Also, we both have somewhat poor - fair credit. As of right now, it has gone up due to purchasing a new car in December, and it is now showing about 640. His is a little lower than mine. I have looked into some of the first time home buyers options and such, but for all of them, we make JUST over maximum income allowed. Does anyone have any suggestions on programs or creative ways to save money quickly?
  • June 02 2014 - Oklahoma City
  • 0

There are various programs depending on the state, I would suggest visiting the www.hud.gov website under FHA programs and see if there are any programs in your area. You may be surprised as there are often programs that become available which may fit what you are looking for. Chances are, the same website may have a few local lenders that can further assist your home financing needs.