Profile picture for lidor7

Downtown restaurant suggestions?

Oddly enough, despite living in Olympia pretty much all my life, I never ate at very many restaurants in downtown Olympia. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'm mostly looking for relatively inexpensive lunch spots. I know the farmer's market is a sure bet, but what else is out there?
  • July 11 2007 - Olympia
  • 0

Profile picture for thehappygiirl
Ben Moore's rocks. The food that is. The place itself is in need of some updating and repair, and the staff are less than enthusiastic, but the food is amazing! I recommend dinner with Gorganzola Prawns. Ymmmmmm.
Also recommended: Mini Saigon, The Urban Onion has incredible vegetarian fare..and I'm WAY not a vegetarian, but like much of their menu. There is supposed to be a rockin' Italian place...don't remember the name, but they are open only limited hours...make everything from scratch...and it does take a while to get your food, but it is supposed to be fantastic.

Profile picture for staylow
McMennamins The Spar, as well as Ottos Bagels at the corner of 4th and Washington (location of both). Cheap, fast, and good

If you're looking for seafood, I love Budd Bay Cafe. Their seafood saute over spinach is the best!

Profile picture for wiredwilsons

Rambling Jacks!

Profile picture for debbins5

Try the 4th Ave Alehouse and Eatery. The cook there is the former chef of RUBYS' and has made several changes to the menu.

I second Ben Moore's!!

Most places are deserving of a try and you'll want to return.  Don't forget the Fishtale (really good bar fare), and the LemonGrass (great Thai).

All the previous mentions are good choices.

If you know any Marines, wish them a Happy Birthday on Nov 10, and suggest they join the local Marines, retired, reserves, active, and those of us that are out, at the Budd Bay Cafe for a toast in the evening after 1900 (7PM).  There willl be a cake ceremony and a reading of the Commandant's Birthday Message - Tunn Tavern Style. 

If your still looking for great food, try the Korean BBQ on Martin Way. It ROCKS, and the owner's are awesome!

I'm glad I found this thread. Lot's of good recommendations that I'll have to try myself. I'd also recommend Chopsticks on 5th Ave. Their food is consistently good, inexpensive, and you won't leave hungry.

My wife and I go to Bud Bay Cafe any time we can find a baby sitter (so not that often) it is one of my favorite places.  The Oyster House is pretty good as well nice views of the water and I have talked to the owner on several occasions and he seems like a nice man.  Anthony's Hearthfire Grill north of the Port of Olympia is fun too, it can be a bit noisy at times due to the openness of the restaurant but last time we ate their we got to watch a seal swim about in the water outside of our window which was just a bonus to the already pleasant dinner we were having.
  • November 22