Profile picture for TwoRoses

Drastic Home Value Increase - Why?

My home went from $140,000 estimated to $219,000 in one month!  That's a huge increase for me to believe this Zestimate.  Had home prices in the East End of Charleston WV increased that drastically in the past few months?
  • June 16 2011 - Charleston
  • 0

Profile picture for TwoRoses
My home is not listed on the market, just on Zillow.  1559 Lee St E.  I dont have an MLS.

I'm not sure which answer is best although I thank you for responding.   I have to tell you I've been busy the last few years journaling on zillow and updating changes.   This home is no where near the latest Zillow estimate.  Not even close.    I'm afraid that when I do put it on the market,  I won't be able to use Zillow's information on it.  

Profile picture for Dunes....
Beside the info Vince linked you to you may also wish to be aware of this

"Historical Zestimates"

"With the data delivery yesterday, we have re-computed historical Zestimates back to January 2006. There are a few algorithmic developments that we are still working on and, once these are done, we intend to re-compute all Zestimates back to 1996."
http://www.zillow.com/blog/research/2011/06/14/upgrading-the-zestimate/

There are a bunch of houses that listed on the East End this month, but you should check the accuracy of Zestimate- click the Values and Accuracy link at the bottom of the page. I live on Quarrier Street so am very familiar with the neighborhood, and would be happy to provide a market analysis based on real numbers from the MLS for you.

Zillow did some updates....read this