Due to an accident that left me disabled and out of work for a year, I lost my house (Deed in Lieu o

• June 02 2012 - Lugoff
  • 0

Best Answer

Your question was cut off. Post reply in this thread and repost what you need help with.

Hi LaDean,
At the time, I was too injured and on too many medications to think straight.  The house was Months Behind before I was able to make phone calls for myself, and the HFC (the now Defunct Finance Co) had already tried to modify the loan.  Their advice was to do the Deed in Lieu, since I didn't know if I'd EVER work again.  The paperwork was started in early 2011, and didn't complete until 5/11.  I do know that there is NO BALANCE OWED, though.

Is there anything that can be done to help me NOW, to get a NEW MORTGAGE, in light of these circumstances?  Are there any funds for that?  My income is still probably within recommended guidelines for help...
Thanks.

Profile picture for LaDeanBrinegar
I am sorry you did not seek help from SC Mortgage Help Program. SC has 295 million dollars from the Treasury for foreclosure prevention. www.scmortgagehelp.com

Thanks, Dan.
Due to an accident that left me disabled and out of work for a year, I lost my home (Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure).  The Mortgage Co promised me that is would not "hurt my credit as badly as a regular Foreclosure".
Long story short, I am now working again; have ample downpayment; have been successfully paying $1200/mo in rent...and cannot get financed for a mortgage due to the "FORECLOSURE" showing on my credit statement, as of 5/11.
Does anyone know of any resources to help me?