Profile picture for Dunes....

Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center

I've noticed the last couple of days that there are a few familiar faces wandering the Halls...So here's what I thought

It would be nice to have a place to BS once in awhile with old Friends, shoot the Breeze, argue a bit, compliment Dunes oh wait ,,scratch the last one didn't mean to say it out loud..

Anyway I know that I and I'm sure the others who drop by would like to meet others here also..Goof off, talk serious, not talk serious, trade videos , news, yadda yadda...So

ALL are welcome...There is no set topic, it's hopefully a place you can relax, drink a beer, a glass of wine and enjoy some conversation with some people..

No Badges, Ribbons or Attitudes allowed
  • July 24 2010 - US
  • 22

Holy cow, have ya'll checked the views on this thread? 1,588 so far, wowzers LOL

I'm so far behind now, so trying to catch up on the topic at hand while I'm bored silly sitting at my new plat waiting for potential buyers to stop in.....oh where oh where are thee?

If any of you are in Marysville/Lake Stevens/Everett area come visit me please

Profile picture for Blue Nile
1594 views is only a views to post ratio of 5.9, which is still not very good.

A good thread has a views to post ratio of at least 20.  Besides, most of the view are from people opening the thread in the wrong order and having to go through several pages, or change the view order...

But it has made it to within the top 50 in number of responses now, and soon may make the top 40.

Pasa,

I feel like you should run Zillow. You know this site like the back of your hand

Profile picture for rockinblu
Pasa,

I didn't know azrob had a Phoenix blog. I thought he was Scottsdale somewhat like Alan being Evanston, and not being included in  Chicago. Azrob  is a very good choice as he has certainly been more right than wrong on the health of the market, and certainly no NAR cheerleading from him.

Thanks for the link back to Dan's thread. I wasn't aware that individuals could nominate as well. I thought the candidates were pretty much over and done with based on Zillow's decision.

And Pasa, again thanks for the thought, but given the content of mine, we both know that they're not going anywhere. However, when Fran T. was with Trulia she did spotlight one or two of them in a newsletter or something.

BTW, I'm in Austin, TX, not Seattle as if it would actually make any difference. lol

Alan,

Is the address below proper to use if I nominate you in Chicago?

http://activerain.com/blo ... s/alanmay

.....and who else can I nominate that wants nominated?

Profile picture for Alan May
yep, that's the right address... and just the thought that you "wanted" to nominated it is enough for me to be incredibly grateful.

thank, you.... my mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sisters thank you, and I thank you.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Well now that Pasa has proven this is not a good thread.....Adios el wasto de timeorio

Profile picture for rockinblu
OK Alan. I nominated you for Chicago. I would have cc'd you, but I forgot. You would have just gotten the big head over it anyway. lol

Now, who's next?

Profile picture for rockinblu
Hey Alan, I would nominate Durenda, but she's probably deleted them all. :)

Profile picture for Reallyfedup
Apparently Alan has already gotten a big head.  Have you seen his profile picture?  It barely fits in the frame!  ;D

Profile picture for rockinblu

Profile picture for Dunes....
FOR THE CONSPIRACY CENTER

Why Dunes did not receive any emails from Trulia to discuss his account being Frozen or warnings ect...Why he never received any since...The Question was asked several times at Trulia so here's my opinion about that....

It was because of this IMHO..
http://dunesfromtrulia.blogspot.com/

Even wrote a Blog at Trulia about it at the time...
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dunes/2010/05/ruminations_culminations_ii_trulia_emails_and_the_trouble_i_m_in

Last email I ever received from Trulia

Profile picture for Reallyfedup
ROTFLOL  ooooooh I think I just wet myself!

Rockinblu you should put a warning on that link before opening!!

Profile picture for Dunes....
and the winner of Best Blog is????

Profile picture for Reallyfedup
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

@ Patrick...

You had asked about why I don't place any blame on the consumer. I thought I'd answer here so other REAs and lenders will know where I'm coming from.

Folks on this board who know me will tell you that I primarily place the blame for all this mess on the consumer - "We have met the enemy, and he is us.." Just because others dig a cesspool doesn't mean you have to jump in. I'm all about consumer self-education and caveat emptor, perhaps too much so for some.

Anyway, as an exercise in Zillow archeology, I have exhumed the following just to let you know that's really my core spiel, no matter how much I may call out REAs or shady lenders...

Buyers and Sellers these days are VERY SAVVY
Unfortunately, I don't find this to be true. A large segment of consumers are actually woefully ignorant, especially considering the access they now have to information.

My dream is to own my own home but...
Get unlost before you contact anyone for "help". I am not trying to be insulting, but you are a foreclosure waiting to happen. Like everythign else in life, there is no "magic formula" or "oracle" that will give you a shortcut to understanding what is involved. However, if you don't take the time to educate yourself, people will get you into a house way before you are ready for the responsibility, and it's going to suck the life out of you.

I have plant to buy the house...
If you can't work this out for your own with all of the mortgage calculators available on the Internet, maybe you're not really ready for this transaction. You are asking questions that you should be able to independently determine the answers to. Letting others answer the question for you is, as a consumer, irresponsible.

Worst Realtor ever
Yes, place the blame where it belongs...on yourself. You did none of the things you should have done, and now want to blame the realtor for your lack of effort.

There's more, especially with respect to how consumers have completely abused access to consumer credit.

Bottom line, I hold REAs and lenders responsible for their practices and how/when they mislead uninformed consumers. However, I place the final blame on the consumer for being uninformed - especially in the age of the Internet.

Ciao - Hope this helps put my comments in context.

Profile picture for Reallyfedup
Understood.

Profile picture for rockinblu
 Holy Cow Dunes!!

I hope you didn't save all those emails I sent you with me going off on Patrick.

Seriously though, no wonder......

Profile picture for Dunes....
Hey rock

I've got everything stored in Boxes around my couch.....

The stuff about Patrick, as long as you keep sending the checks everything is cool.....

Profile picture for hpvanc
Welcome to Zillow Dunes.  You have certainly livened things up around here.

I also need to make a comment on the discussion between Patrick and SoCal. I am very much for holding consumers responsible!  However when we consumers make points about holding other consumers responsible agents pile onto us for opposing their pitch and being willing to say NO to a salesman.  So it seems that their are a lot of agents that are highly opposed to consumers that are capable of thinking for themselves, and say NO to them.

Unfortunately you can't have accountable consumers that just go along with sales pitches and consider it impolite to tell salesmen NO.  I always intend to share the blame with the consumers in my posts.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Although I do agree with HPvance and So Cal Engineer regarding the responsibility of the consumer; I think there are way too many agents and loan officers that want to completely dismiss their own responsibility in the situations created.

And I think some of the consumers that took loans with nothing down, discounted payments, and no documentation were wiser than their loan officers and agents and never did have any intent to pay, knowing how the system actually works.  Unethical?  Maybe, but not nearly as unethical as the government bailouts.  These people didn't create the bubble nor the poor lending practices; the real estate industry and the financial industry did with the backing of the government; these people just took advantage of the advertised "offers".

Most owners that are underwater have to accept the consequences of the poor decisions, losing all their down-payment equity, losing all the principal they have paid toward the loan, losing all the inspection, escrow, and closing costs they paid, and losing their credit rating and ability to get credit cards at low interest rates as well.   But the loan officers and REA's that purposely knowingly lied to them?  They presently have no accountability at all.  To them, it is just business as usual, and looking for the next "customer" to "take" a commission from, regardless if it serves the customer or not.

Should the borrower have to pay back the loan after the lender took back the property and sold it, and collected more than they lost from the sale from the federal government?  how many lenders can't lose on short sales, but profit at the government's expense

Unless the law requires the borrower to pay the difference, of course they shouldn't!  And in most cases even if it did require it, filing bankruptcy should remove them from this requirement.

The agents and loan officers knew full well that the property wasn't worth what it was being sold for when the person was enticed to buy it.  But did they say anything?  Of course not; they just said "that is the present fair market value", knowing full well that it was a pyramid scheme that had to collapse.  Oh, yeh, some agents didn't know... they were deceived by the NAR propaganda along with the clients they were spreading the propaganda to...

Which is worse?  Agents that intentionally lie, or agents that are too easily deceived?

Sure there are good agents; but the bubble put too many people into the business that shouldn't have been in it.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Rockin -

Thanks for pointing out that the links for images on Zillow work again... I've been just posting the reference to be copied in as Zillow was adding "www." before "zillow" making the links not work.  Now I know I can go back to linking charts I post...

Profile picture for Blue Nile
This thread is now within the top 35 of "most posts".

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Debra -

Perhaps Joan can show you how to use a crystal ball?.... She's "magical"!

Usually REA's claim that their "excuse" is they didn't have a crystal ball, not that they didn't know how to use it!

Profile picture for Dunes....
 hpvanc

Thanks for the welcome...
Hope you'll stop by whenever you can, your honest and civil sharing of your opinions are certainly appreciated...

I don't know about the livened things up as I spend most of my time trying to not appear dumb...

The kind of Discussion you and Patrick and Socal are having is the kind of thing I sincerely believe Consumers/the public will read, follow and learn from....
Thanks for being a part of that and am looking forward to learning more about your take on things...

Profile picture for rockinblu
Yeah Pasa, I haven't forgotten that little image trick you taught me a couple of years back. It does come in handy every once in a while.

Profile picture for Alan May
I take a few moments away from here, to try to garner a little sleep, and what happens??

My photos are bandied about like trading cards of Lindsey Lohan in a Maximum Security Prison... tsk, tsk, tsk.

Thanks for the vote... I hope that's not the photo they use when I "win".

Pas,
I've seen that IndyMac video before. Literally makes me nauseous.
The borrower having to pay the difference after a profit already being made is just so wrong.  Beyond wrong.  The wrongiest wrong.  And you probably get my point.

Is this what is happening everywhere?  So many people are having a tough with with getting loan mods- is this really the reason?
I mean these are people's lives we're talking about here.  How is this not criminal?

An Alan, please don't take this personally, but you have to adjust your picture.  I find it....disconcerting.
I have to find a better picture for myself than an oddly glowing head with a giant question mark in the middle of it.

Profile picture for Alan May
picky, picky, picky.... especially for a girl who's just been 'spanked' by her broker... ;-)

Dang, I can't believe he did that.
I think my broker understands but I also can understand being careful about what you say.
Mr. Auction dude is his own worst enemy and I really never needed to say a word. 
I just couldn't resist.

Much better picture by the way, lol!

Profile picture for rockinblu
"Much better picture by the way, lol!"
 ~~~~~~~~~~
I find it interesting that he had a beard like that some 60 or 70 years ago. Makes you wonder if he was born with one.

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 100