Profile picture for Dunes....

Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center

I've noticed the last couple of days that there are a few familiar faces wandering the Halls...So here's what I thought

It would be nice to have a place to BS once in awhile with old Friends, shoot the Breeze, argue a bit, compliment Dunes oh wait ,,scratch the last one didn't mean to say it out loud..

Anyway I know that I and I'm sure the others who drop by would like to meet others here also..Goof off, talk serious, not talk serious, trade videos , news, yadda yadda...So

ALL are welcome...There is no set topic, it's hopefully a place you can relax, drink a beer, a glass of wine and enjoy some conversation with some people..

No Badges, Ribbons or Attitudes allowed

July 24 2010 - US

Profile picture for Alan May
Pasa - remind me to never piss-you-off!  ;-)

Profile picture for rockinblu
"Rockin has had 39 discussion posts deleted out of 2674, and 13 question posts deleted out of 1779; for a total of 52 posts deleted out of 4473; or 1.16%.

That is only for the one profile though.  He has at least one other profile; but if I remember correctly, it was 2 or 3 other profiles."
~~~~~~~~~~~
Shows you how much I pay attention.....I didn't even know I ever had a post deleted. Unlike Trulia, I've never received one email from Zillow getting on my case for anything.

Yeah, I actually do have one other profile which was started when I realized my agent was tracking my questions concerning his behavior and performance. I also used it during the negotiation and escrow period when we sold our house. It seemed the buyer knew who rockinblu was as well. I then later used it when I was rebelling against the All Star Badge thing. Since that profile wasn't used much, it didn't have one. It wasn't any kind of secret after my agent dumped me, and we sold the house. I even state on the profile that it's rockinblu's alter ego. I later used it on various threads taking shots at my rockinblu profile for a joke. I also used it to converse with Zillow after they deactivated my rockinblu account when I asked for all my photos and posts as rockinblu be deleted (which they didn't do), but just chose to deactivate the account. Obviously we all compromised. They re-activated the account, and deleted the photos that I requested, and left the posts, which weren't as big of deal as the photos.

The other ones you might be referring to are my oldest son and daughter who were only on for a very brief time.

Profile picture for rockinblu
In reading through these old blog comments, Trulia even knew I had an alternate profile here. lol

Dunes,
Depressing links.  Can't say it comes as a surprise.  I wish I had something intelligent to say about it but all I can think of is
UGH!
Banks and other "loan institutions" doing things they shouldn't. 
Who woulda thunk?

Pas,
I read the entire thread you linked to, regarding the factors going into the Zestimate and your views on intrinsic value.
I have to admit, I'm going to have to read it a few (lots of) times to absorb your stuff, but you have to give me credit for trying.
 Even if I'm a little fuzzy on the details I get the gist of what you're saying.
Part of what I take issue is, is the human error involved in the Zestimate,   
 how many inconsistencies in the data involved.  Seems to lead to fuzzy math and if Zillow has been accurate in forecasting trends, I am glad that is useful to you and others who have benefitted from that.
But I would say the majority of people who want to know what their zestimate is, don't give a darn about all that stuff. They just want to know what zillow says their house or the house they want to buy is worth.

How many people do you think will take the time to read your  impressive explanation of the zestimate?  I personally think everyone should, just to educate themselves, but I will guess that most don't.
I guess that is why people misunderstand what the zestimate is, because they won't take the time but its one of those things that is bound to be easily misunderstood by those people who just want quick answers, which is a large part of the population. 
The people who are interested in the info on this website have access to so much these days and only so much time.  Most people are not going to want to delve deeper into how each website comes up with its data.
So data gets continuously misunderstood.

I also get that you are not Most People and will always look forward to reading what you have to say, whether I agree or not.

Joan, the one with the UNmathematical mind, but continuously trying.

So Rock, let me get this straight:
One of my favorite non-agent type dudes gets banned from Trulia, and another one of my favorite non-agent type dudes gets banned from Zillow( although apparently now all is forgiven).
Not sure what that says about me except I'm keeping good company.
Cool.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Joan

Perhaps that's why I always felt so strongly about the (Get informed Dummy!) thing

It also why I enjoy and appreciate discussions like the one you and Pasa are having....We all learn (Well.. you all learn) and if just one Person stumbles accidentally across something that makes them think or look deeper into the importance of the Decisions they are making..Heck, it's a good thing

This Buying/Selling stuff is full of Decisions and large Financial consequences (Did you know that? lol)...it deserves at least as much time, attention and effort as deciding which Video Game system to buy

So Pasa your breakdown is rather impressive, you are quite the mathematical statistical brainiac on the team. Love it:-) Did you ever say where you or how you found or know the deletions etc. Is it right in our profile somewhere?

And one more thing, like you said Dunes, now I'm more interested in reading the Zestimate explanation of Pasa's after reading his & Joan's comments. In our 7 pages I have no idea where the link is.....can someone post it again?

Entertaining indeed that Alan's badge comments/conversation were drug up from 08, how hilarious. Alan, so now what? Can you earn a new one? LOL or has your badge privileges been frozen?  

Profile picture for Alan May
tonya - I'm thinkin' that rockinblu contacted zillow and told them... "that Schmelv!s dude is holding court over at Trulia, and you should take away his ribboned-status".

and Zillow answered with a rezounding: "uh, who?"

Rock: you know, the guy with the big hair!

Z: oh, right...him.  yeah... the blue ribbon doesn't go with those suede shoes anyway... okay, we'll dump 'im.

Rock: sweeet!

Profile picture for rockinblu

.....yeah, that's the ticket. :)

Profile picture for Alan May
as I suspected..

Profile picture for rockinblu
I actually wasn't lurking that time. It took me a whole 15 minutes to respond, but just 12 minutes this time.lol

"Did you ever say where you or how you found or know the deletions etc. Is it right in our profile somewhere"  -

Yes, I did say, when I explained to Rockin how to find the last page of his posts for both questions and for discussions.  (Note that discussions and questions are sorted in the opposite order; discussions are earliest first, questions are most recent first; we are still trying to get Zillow to prioritize alternate sorting options for these as well as search filters).

The number of questions and responses are listed.  The number of discussions and responses are listed.  There are 10 posts per page on the profile listings.  You add up the original posts plus the responses, divide by 10 to get the last page; you go to the last page (which isn't there if there were deletions).  You work your way back, using a converging method to reduce time, finding the "real" last page.  You count the number of posts on that page, multiply the page # times 10, subtract 10, and add the number of posts on that page for the total number of posts remaining.

You then simply subtract posts remaining from Zillow's stated count to arrive at the number of posts deleted.

As Zillow staff are the only ones that have account privileges to delete posts; the missing ones were deleted by Zillow.

This is the link that was being referred to:
intrinsic value

Tonya has had 11 posts deleted out of 500, or 2.2%.

Elv!s has had 47 posts deleted out of 4081, or 1.15%

This thread has now just made it to the "top 100" in # of responses now with 194 responses.

http://www.zillow.com/adv ... e?s=4&p=5

I had one response deleted for sure when I teased Spleng. I told him that he better watch out posting negative market information or people would think he was a "doomer". We were on good terms and I meant it as a compliment. He took it that way, but Zillow deleted it. I wonder if Spleng ever bought. I bet by now he has a wife and a mini Spleng toddling around.

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr

@ Sunnyview - Skip sends his regards. Maybe you can work up a really sketchy post for him and have that deleted by Zillow's moderators?

Profile picture for Alan May
~~~~~~~~~
I had no idea that I had 47 post deleted.  wow!

I think I've watched enough Jesus Speaks today. Between the hotlinks to his site in most posts, his denigrating comments toward agents and his basic arrogance, I need a sandy beach. Besides that I find out that he has had some issues here and here where everyone's wrong but him. All I can do is flag any bad content. I hope other folks do the same.

Besides that, I'd appreciate some insight on what the heck I said that ticked him off so deeply anyway. I don't think that auctions are good for first time buyers. So what? Accept that or take it the the Supreme Court already.

I seem to have missed the part about "Jesus Speaks"?

I did see the Auction question but hadn't opened it, but with this thread, I just went back and posted the obvious over there... but still see nothing about Jesus nor Jesus' words.

If she posted Jesus' words somewhere, I would be happy to go and address them, as most people pull them out of context.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Pasa,

The offender's post was deleted right after I flagged it, but I'm not taking credit for it being deleted. Zillow has never responded quite that quickly. BTW, sunnyview you just had another post deleted. It was obviously deleted as it didn't make any sense after auction boy's post was deleted.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Seeking God's Glory IMO in all you do does not mean you are not doing dumb things or that you even have a clue what yer talking about...

Just means that when you act foolish or behave badly you look for God's Glory in your actions/results..
The Glory could simply be that your Actions made others decide to never act foolish like you

God's Glory would be....Using your Cluelessness to assist others to grow/learn

You are seeking it because you can't see that or have no clue that's the case.....

Skip was seeking but not finding/seeing

Glad to see it go. I wonder how many deletes that makes for me? Such a bad day. I have no issues with Jesus. I just don't like it when people use God to market themselves here. I see it as cheap and disrespectful. Faith is private and personal, but that's just me.

I am not perfect, but being attacked by a flag waving Christian who posts multiple religious links as in the 5th post from him here while he berates me for existing is too much. I wish I could say I'll pray for him tonight, but I don't want to lie. I'm no troll so I don't come to Zillow to fight.

On to happier things, Trulia maybe...or a happy baby here...I'm thinking it's time to buy. No never mind, it passed.

I need a vacation. Is it Friday yet?

Profile picture for rockinblu
sunnyview,
I defy you to watch this video and not feel better.

Rock, I did watch that video and although I do feel a bit better, I am still traumatized by Skippy's The Touch of the Master's Hand video. 
I found that video truly creepy.
I am never going to feel the same about auctions again. 

Profile picture for rockinblu

Oops I missed that Joan. I guess I should be glad. lol

Profile picture for Dunes....
Joan

Just noticed T buried your Question on Page 3 where it shows Patrick as having made the Last comment (even though 10-15 people commented since him)

And then bumped Pete Flints We care comment to #1 on Page 1..even though no one has commented on that Blog for 2 Days LOL

What's the word I'm looking for??? Oh Yeah.."PETTY"
I rest my case ......ROTFLOL

This is something I find interesting...

Claiming other peoples listings as Yours in order to Prospect for Leads...and a RE site setting things up to enable that or as suggested here ..Encouraging it to attract Agents..
Of course something like this would only attract the very finest representatives of the Industry but still ;)

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Agent2Agent/I_haven_t_been_on_this_website_in_a_number_of_mo-234669

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
@ Sunnyview

"I'd appreciate some insight on what the heck I said that ticked him off so deeply anyway."

My guess is that the whole post offended him, as you answered with a resounding "no". The parts I would guess really hit a soft spot are in bold...

"No. Auctions for inexperienced buyers are a bad idea. There are pitfalls that even snare the experienced buyer so the first time buyer doesn't stand a chance. Many auctions are as is without disclosures and are the housing version of a "free" horse that costs you more money than it's worth for meat.

There is no free lunch. Those that promote auctions make their money off the unknowing buyer even when the buyer loses their shirt."

All-in-all, it brought some spark to the forums, though I am sorry that many of the sparks were pointed in your direction.

As for the news headlines, yikes! I'll be sure to Google myself before thinking about crossing swords with you.

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
Re: "Master's Hand" Video

I still think it is more of an overly dramatic pitch for "staging".  ;-)  I find it ironic that the auctioneer was not able to add anything of value to the process, other than stand in front and ask for money.

Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center
Latest reply by wetdawgs
how i got my ex back
Latest reply by Connie Klemme
The watering hole..
Profile picture for Connie Klemme
Latest reply by Connie Klemme
  • Posted by ConnieK_ppm
  • In Discussion
The Asbestos Arena & Palace-of-Puffery
Latest reply by Pasadenan
March 05 | 196 answers
Best home inspector in Tampa Bay
Profile picture for Steven Wiegner
Latest reply by Steven Wiegner
  • Posted by user0760998
  • In Discussion