Edit does not give options. How can I get it to work so I can change info?

• May 25 2012 - Mattoon
  • 0

Thank you for your help.  I will work on the informaltion you have provide to correct my listing tomorrow morning.  Then I will retake the pictures as you suggested and post new ones.  I appreciate your help and suggestions.

The reason you can't edit directly on Zillow is because it is coming from a feed from ForSaleByOwner.com.    Here's a link to the source of information on Zillow.

So, you can make as many edits as possible on forsalebyowner.com and they will feed through to zillow (usually within 24 h).    For mapping, as an outsider I'm not really sure what one can do except to stop the feed from forsalebyowner.com, map it properly (see instructions in FAQs) and then reactivate the feed.   I'll flag your post, most likely a Zillow employee knows more ins and outs of the system than I do.

A couple of photo hints:  take a photo of the front of the house zero vehicles in the driveway rather than four, and redo the bathroom photos with the toilet lids down.

My posting id number is 80650114.

Under "edit" it gives two options:
1.  report problems with listing
2.  post to Craiglist 

Yes, I have a home in Zillow listed under Homes For Sale by Owner.  It is not with a realtor.  I need to change the location on the map and edit home information.  The home is waterfront property and the map has it farther back in the subdivision.   It says the home has a carport, and it does not.  I have a 2-car attached garage.  There are other facts I need to list, but it won't let me.   I noticed other homes for sale have additional options under "edit" that enables them to make changes.  Why don't I have those options? 

What does it say under "edit"?   Report problem with home?   Report problem with listing?

Is your home currently listed for sale?  If so, is it listed with an agent? A FSBO site?  directly on Zillow?