Profile picture for ejgallaher

Erroneous Zillow estimate

Obviously, it can appear self-serving for a home-owner to complain about a low Zestimate, but this Zestimate is so far out of line it boggles the mind. On Aug 4, 2008 I searched for recent sales (3 months) between 2286-2486 sq ft. I found 19 sales, and values ranged from $141 per sq ft (distressed homes) to $209 per sq ft (deluxe), with a median value of $165. You will see that the median value agrees with the comps on the 'home page' for our house. The value of our house is shown at $136 per sq ft. There are NO houses in the area at $136! Zillow informed me that the low Zestimate was due to a low assessment by Washington County (a good thing for the owner; lower taxes!)
  • Question refers to 12140 SW Merestone Ct, Tigard, OR 97223
  • 0