Profile picture for jacapolongo

Error in Sales Transaction History

Zillow is absolutely enfuriating!

They have listed an incorrect sales transaction for my property's address - and the amount is a gross error - off by about hundreds of thousands of dollars.  I have flagged this transaction several times over the past several months.  Each time, it says it may take up to 2 weeks to research and correct.  It has been 3 months and still have not heard back or seen this massively incorrect transaction removed.

Better still, I tried to call Zillow Customer Service only to receive an automated message and have the system disconnect the call when finished.

This transaction impacts their "Zestimate" and misrepresents the history of my personal property.  So much for service quality and the upholding their (limited) fiduciary duty.

Would anyone please advise as to how I can have this transaction removed?

• February 14 2012 - Midtown
  • 0

• Ice L.Zillow
jacapolongo -

Sorry for not responding in a timely manner.

I checked the information from public records and submitted a request for correction.

We will send you email once your request has been completed.

Ice

You can email them or call them, which you probably did. You can find zillow customer support in this advice center. I saw them answering other users concerns, hopefully they can do that for you

The only suggestion I have is to go to the little flag at the end of the transaction and flag it....and just keep doing it until it gets fixed. I will also flag your post here. In the meantime, I would put comments on the home's details page refuting the zestimate and incorrect price history!

What you're doing is probably the best answer unfortunately. The best news is that the tax records will show accurate transactions and many people verify those numbers there. Zestimates are going to take a lot of other things into account and the bottom line is those values are WRONG anyway! They don't take a lot of factors into an account that an appraiser would. I tell most of my clients to ignore those numbers and to talk to a Realtor or appraiser for accurate market values.