Escrow Question

Ok I wasn't clear before....I don't want, nor can i afford both homes.  We submitted an offer a week ago it was accepted.  We put up earnest money yesterday.  Today on our evening walk at the home we rent, we came upon a home for sale.  We would rather buy this home its in our neighborhood our kid goes to daycare here, friends etc.I want to keep things moving forward on the home in escrow and put an offer in on the home in the current neighborhood.   I want to do this in the event that our offer doesn't get accepted in the home in our neighborhood we can still buy the home that is in escrow.I don't want both homes, I just want to know since I am in escrow does that eliminate my ability to put offers on other homes?
  • June 13 2013 - Oceanside
  • 0

Since you are in escrow, talk to your agent.  I am assuming you are working with an agent, right?  If not feel free to give me a call.  There are lots of contingencies in  our CAR  contracts.  But if you are not working with an agent, I am not sure what you have signed, and you should get the advice of an attorney.  Don't worry, these things happen all the time.   Good luck. 

What does your agent say about your proposal?

The point to the other responses is because you are in escrow, you are in a contract with the seller of the home.   Putting offers on other homes will put you in contract with other sellers.  If you don't want to buy two homes, it is not wise to get into the contract on two homes unless you wish to end up being sued.

Hi-
Where is your agent???? I would be happy to assist you since I work and live in Oceanside, but if you already have an agent, you should be asking them.

Sinead