Escrow officer unable to resubmit HUD, but Fannie Mae says signed papers arrived today

I am in the middle of a Fannie Mae HomePath purchase that has dragged out quite a bit. Fannie Mae is the seller and they rejected the initial HUD (causing us to miss initial closing date) because they did not change the loan type correctly and also had the wrong city (house is actually in unincorporated area and they wanted to commonly used name instead of county name).

I have been calling Fannie Mae multiple times a day as no one else will (my realtor has refused to call them, will only send an email once a day to the listing agent to check in) and today finally I got a call back from their escalation department. I was told that the listing agent had uploaded signed documents today, which are, I presume, the final documents and that I should know soon when the house will close.

Given how this sale has gone so far, I'm cautious to be anything more than slightly optimistic. We are coming up very close to contract expiration date. Escrow officer says she cannot access Equator system directly to check for signed documents and the system she can access is still not letting her re-submit HUD form for approval. I'm wondering if anyone who has experience into this situation can offer any insight or advice. I'm assuming this should all clear up very quickly now? I am I right to assume this? Why would the signed docs be uploaded today (this morning) yet she is still not able to resubmit HUD this afternoon?

Thanks for any info!

September 04 2013 - US