Profile picture for bemusptchick

Estimate on my listing for 6778 Delong Landing Circle, Anchorage AK

Hi There,  I took my house off the market months ago.  I still get the estimates from zillow and have been watching it decrease.  When you had inititially estimated it ~1 year ago, your estimate was consistent with market value.  Now its ~$50K lower.  I have watched several houses in my neighborhood including the exact same house layout and size which is next door sell for $245K in the last 6 weeks.  You have mine estimated at $193K.  3 other houses have sold in the neighborhood for ~ amounts per square footage in the last 5-6 months.  I don't know what your deal is in why you are comparing my listing with houses that are in the worst part of town instead of my neighborhood but you are way off base.  I am glad I am not in the market for actually selling it.  You would actually be scaring away potential buyers.  If I ever have to sell a house in the future, I will not be using your website.
  • June 16 2012 - Anchorage
  • 0

Zillow can be notoriously unreliable when looking for valuation. Property values are dynamic, zillow seems to draw information and stats from many sources, yet they often still miss the mark despite the effort. In the end contact an agent for a free market analysis. This should give you a better idea from someone with local expertise. The comps they use should be from the last six months, and from your "area" , if no comps exist, then they can go outside the area or to older closed listings.