Estimated Closing Costs

I am looking at a condo around 40k and can pay cash but need an estimate of closing costs for cash buyers.
  • November 28 2012 - Gainesville
  • 0

Best Answer

well if you're paying cash then techically you need neither a lender nor a title company,

recording charge for the deed is about $100 or so. Transfer and intangible tax is based on a loan amount, and in this case there isn't one.
 The seller usually pays the deed transfer tax.

Ask your buyer agent to recommend a closing company, they will run a preliminary HUD for you which shows your expenses.  I agree with Karl, I would run a title search and also purchase title insurance for protection.

I disagree with Norm.  Why wouldn't you want to run a title check and ensure there is a clean and encumbrance free title?  Of course you won't need a lender if you are paying cash.

How about Closing costs like, escrow, title, inspection, hoa transfer (if there is one, and if the seller doesn't pay) home warranty if the seller isn't providing

these are some to consider, but since I don't work out of Florida, specifically Gainsville I hesitate to answer as I don't know how a deal in your area customarily works..

Good luck, talk to your agent, or the escrow company.

Escrow should be able to provide you this, or ask your agent, they should be able to work it up for you.