Profile picture for althedj

Everything is sold

The biggest problem is everything on your site is already pending sale.  I send the MLS #'s to my realtor and he gets back to me with already sold.  I think your listings should be removed if it's a pending sale, if the sale falls through then relist it. It's a big waist of time to look a home I want only to find out it's pending sale.  Your site is great but this would be what I would fix to make it even better,.
Thanks AL
althedj@gmail.com
  • September 28 2012 - Camp Pendleton North
  • 0

My site will also allow you to search yourself and receive all the listing automatically.. let me know if you want me to email you .. Again no pressure at all.. just info for you

Hi AL, I can put you on my Listing Book Auto site if you want..if you give me the criteria you are looking for and locations.. No pressure, no obligation at all.. just free info for you... You be sent anything except active listings, and no pendings.

A Buyer's Agent can help you with finding all the available listings.

If you are still looking for a home I can get you on an automated email setup of Only homes currently active and will do all the searching for you

A good Real Estate Agent will set you up with listings as they come onto the market and provide you with all the available listings as of current.  This can be done easily and provide you with all the information you need when you are ready to buy

Profile picture for Tony Cannon
Zillow does not pull data from the MLS. It's data sources might not be sending the correct updated information on the status of a home or the listing agent is not controlling the various advertising portals they use. It does make it frustrating for buyers when there is a shortage of homes in knowing which websites to use for research. Homes are either posted in the MLS or are For Sale By Owner. Realtor.com or Redfin.com are popular sites to seach MLS listings while For Sale By Owner sellers may not advertise any more than a sign in the front yard, or possibly on websites like Craigslist.com or ForSaleByOwner.com

You have a good point, there are a lot of inactive/pending/already sold listings on Zillow.   The update of all listings is the responsibility of the agents providing the listings.  Some are very timely, some not so much so.

Al,

You wrote
"The biggest problem is everything on Zillow is already pending sale. "

Timliness is one of the problems with many of the online real estate databases.  When I list a home on the Realtors Multiple Listing Service (MLS), a week later I get a notice that some online site just made it active.  Often, it is under contract by that time.

This is especially if it is in the lower price ranges for almost any area of San Diego County.

Take the example of Oceanside detached homes under $300K as of today, 9/28/2012.  There are currently 20 active listings but 123 have sold in the last 3 months.  That is an average of 41 sales per month.  At that rate we have a 2 week supply.  A balanced market between buyers & sellers is a 5 to 6 MONTH supply.

A ready, willing and able buyer can not rely on any online database to find a home to buy.  It is fine to learn about the market but a buyer that is ready has to be working with a professional Realtor who sends the property as soon as it comes on the market.  I have dozens of clients that I do that for every day.
Dennis Smith, ABR, SRES, e-PRO, CDPE, Realtor® CA Lic #00476662
RE/MAX BY-THE-SEA

Find yourself a good buyer agent who knows what your needs are, and work with he/him as a team.  A good buyer agent can set you up to receive listings electronically as they enter the market.  Good luck!

Profile picture for althedj
Hi Tim,
   I'm a cash buyer.  My email to Zillow was to help them improve the site. The site is a great source of information but like I said it would be nice to find something still for sale.  I do agree with you on why isn't my realtor sending me a good active list of properties in the area. That I am starting to have problems with.  How in the heck is everything sold all of a sudden in this market?  I think big money is moving in on rentals since the banks are only paying 1 percent on our money, it's smarter to buy a $300,000 house and earn $1500 rent the first month compared to a years worth of interest at 1 percent ($3000 a year)  Thanks for your input.

Take care AL

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
WHY are you dealing with a Realtor and wasting time here anyway? Let your agent send you listings that are current and meet your requirements that are not under contract, are they too busy? Any online site is going to have delays getting listed so you just waste 2-3 days there and we have to keep listing homes that can fall apart, it would be unfair to the sellers to not do that. And BTW, a listing under contract is not SOLD.

Tim