Profile picture for Peak0327

FHA advice

I currently have a 650 FICO, 8years at same company.  I have 2 collections on my credit that have been in dispute for over 2 years.  I have been turned down for an FHA loan last year due to these collections and not having an open credit line (closed credit accounts 3 years ago).  The open credit line is not a problem but is it worth it to just try to work a payment plan on collections rather than continue the dispute?  One collection is from a credit card that was supposed to be paid off  at $2500 under a consolidation loan and is now $9000.  The other is small bill that doesnt belong to me for $400.
  • January 31 2012 - Port Saint Lucie
  • 1

Profile picture for KKSka14
If it's truly a false derogatory then get a professional involved--either an attorney or a credit specialist in an attorney's office. Eating $9,000 isn't worth it to get a house if you are truly in the right. Don't fight the battle alone.

Hello Peak,

Take a look at the previous thread.

Candace