Profile picture for vossj08

FHA loan, 620 credit score, over 2 years out of bankruptcy

So, I met with a lender a few years ago about purchasing a house shortly after i filed bankruptcy, and he told me if i had a 620 credit score i would qualify for a FHA loan. 

So it has been over 2 years since my bankruptcy, I have been watching my credit like a hawk, rebuilding credit history, and now my credit score is coming back up, and last i checked it (getting if form various sources) 609-630. 

So now i have been putting thought about purchasing for my family to actually have a home of our own. 

Basically, what are the chances i could get a FHA loan with the information provided, and i am also in search of a lender who i could talk to about all this. 

Thank you 

• July 16 - US
  • 0

Based just on your credit scores, your chances are good!  For FHA financing we go down to 580 credit score.  
  • July 17

As long as you have established some new credit and had great payment history since the BK, you should be in a good place for FHA financing today. 
  • July 17

We can finance down to 530 FICO scores depending on the State the property is located in.  We do not charge any lender fees and generally can close loans in 2-3 weeks.  Contact me through my profile if I can be of assistance.
  • July 16

Profile picture for GMerino
You have a good chance with the scores that you have provided and knowing that you have established credit.  How about a down payment?  The norm is 3.5% down for an FHA home loan!

You should connect directly with a loan officer to go over your scenario and see about a pre-qualification.  Good job on rebuilding your credit!  If you would like more information please reach out to me through my profile.
  • July 16