FHA loan on H1B visa without EAD

I am currently in a contract for a new construction home in NJ. I am on H1B visa without EAD card valid till 2015. The preferred lender of the builder who gave preapproval is now saying FHA is not possible without EAD with just 3 weeks or so to close. Is it true that EAD is a must for FHA? is I-797 not enough? Can anyone help on this ? I am in fear of losing the home and earnest deposit. My midscore is 693 .
  • September 04 2013 - US
  • 0

Depending on the wording of the Visa this may be possible.  Please contact me through my profile so that we can discuss.

No that wasn't me.

Profile picture for Brookstone Mortgage
Was this you that asked this in December? Please read that thread and contact the lender that said they could do this loan.