FREE Home Buying Seminar

[content removed by moderator due to self-promotion]

March 22 2011 - Frederick

This sounds good and helpful - more inputs added.

Fhil F.
Social Media Manager
on behalf of Mike Austin
[link removed by moderator]

Profile picture for Dunes....

The Following was posted by Rachel Rosen Zillow Community Relations Specialist regarding what is considered SPAM in the Zillow Forum..........Link

"Simply responding to a question in the Zillow Advice forum is not advertising nor is it self-promotion. In fact, using the Zillow Advice forum to advertise is strictly prohibited in the Zillow Good Neighbor Policy, located at http://www.zillow.com/how ... olicy.htm: "Please don't post inappropriate stuff: Spam, advertising, or self-promotional content is not allowed in Zillow Advice. This includes, but is not limited to, any contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses, or website URLs." As part of this policy, Zillow prohibits those posting in Zillow Advice from including any contact information in their posts."

"If you feel that something you posted in Zillow Advice could be considered advertising, self promotional, or holding yourself out as being able to provide real estate services, it shouldn't be there. Agents should not be holding themselves out as being able to provide services on Zillow Advice. If a consumer wishes to contact you based on a comment you leave in Zillow Advice, they will click the link to your profile where all of the required information is provided. Until then, you are simply providing your two cents to Zillow's community."

I baffled how having someone else respond to questions on one's behalf is going to "build" any business!  All it does it makes it look like the person has no time to answer questions and no desire to answer questions, and doesn't know the answers to the questions.

And besides, any self respecting business person would not "agree" with that answer being put in their name in the first place.

Besides, this same advertisement "discussion" has been posted by many others in violation of Zillow's policy, and it is not about learning how to buy, but about how an agent can find contacts and can manipulate people into buying what they shouldn't so that the agent can have a commission to pay the agent's mortgage.

So this is a violation, will Zillow.com do anything about it?

The second answer, is from Fhil F, Social Media Manager for M. Austin.  If I am understanding that correctly, M. Austin has a profile and is an agent and pays Fhil F to "manage" his social media, by answers questions for him?  Is Fhil F an agent too?  How is that going to help M. Austin?  By typing in a couple of words response "more inputs added".

If I was Joe Public, and I was unsure whom to use as an agent or Realtor I can tell you this much, it would not be that guy.  Or Fhil F for that matter.

Pasadenan, I have read and enjoyed many of your posts.  Simply wanted to point out, not ALL Realtors "sell" clients houses they dont want or can't afford.  I pride myself in educating clients, and can proudly look myself in the mirror when I say I have and never will "sell" them a house they dont want. 

Profile picture for Dunes....
So far I noticed the Social Media Manager is answering Questions for 2 different "Pros?" Social Media Manager on behalf of Derrick Sakai

And you'd think a Social Media Manager would learn the Rules/Policies used where they intend to post....
And when both "Pros?" have [Content removed for Self-Promotion] on every Comment made for them by their Social Media Manager?...

Uh......I thought we were not allowed self promotion here on Zillow......

I am more interested in why one might need a "social media manager"?
Isn't the point of social media to get people interacting with other people?
If someone else interacts for them,  doesn't that defeat the purpose? Isn't that their "own" social circle?

What a great country!  lol

Profile picture for Dunes....
Flag the posts/comments when you see them & Zillow WILL do something about it......

I flagged them both yesterday. The no promotion policy was already explained to Fhil F here. So far he and his employers still think that posting their hotlinks is a great idea.

Maybe they're right. Reading the posts lets any potential customers know that these "professionals" will hand off their clients to whomever and break policy to suit themselves. Not what I'd personally look for as a client, so I'd pass on both of them.

Once again I find myself agreeing with you Sunnyview, if I was a potential client  I would not want anything to do with that person or any other agent who does not even create their own "image", and what a fine job Fhil F is doing too...

Clients are not "stupid" most of them do research, not only on the property but on the agent or Realtor too.  I would like to say that all bozos get what is coming to them, but we simply know that is not true.  However, the market does have a way of weeding some of them out.

Best of luck to all, except Fhil F, he needs more help than just luck, he needs to get a clue.  How can they justify a company where this is what they do?  Social media management?  Really?
Spirit

Profile picture for Dunes....
Then I'll disagree with Sunnyview just to keep the table balanced...

Oh Yeah Sunnyview!...The opposite of what you said and then some!

Profile picture for rockinblu
Hey Dunes,

You wanna be my social media manager?? I'll pay you what it's worth.  LOL

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
It's a Great time to buy!!!

L.Chattel
Social Media Manager
SunnyView Enterprises (LLC)

LOL! After all this talk about social media assistants, I have decided to hire one myself. Please give a warm Zillow welcome to my new virtual assistant Ms. Shortcake here.

All of her posts will have the added bonus of being delightfully strawberry scented even if the quality of her content is a bit questionable.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
It's a terrible time to buy!!!

L. Chattel
Social Media Manager
Dunes the Doomer, Inc

Help wanted: Social Media Manager for Roberto Ribas
Duties to include:
1. pissing off all of my facebook friends by bombarding them with marketing nonsense on what is supposed to be a place for friends.
2. sending simplistic 'buy now' emails to large lists of contacts, all of whom will shortly mark it as trash/spam/junk and never read it again.
3. spouting trite responses to real market data, such as "it ain't a buyer's market if you don't buy", "buy now before you are A. priced out, B. rates go up, C. tax credits end... D. whater you dream up", "I'm a glass is half full type of person", "if you rent you just pay your landlord's mortgage" etc.
Pay commensurate with lack of intelligence.

A seminar on free homes?   That sounds great!   Sign me up.    Or, was there a grammatical error in the title.   Darn spam.

"So this is a violation, will Zillow.com do anything about it?" -

They already did...

Thanks Pasadenan, when I had asked "will they do anything about it" it was still up, alive and kicking.  Nice to see the Zillow.com team fly into action on this one.  Enjoyed everyone's banter and responses.  Thanks.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Thanks Rock but if you paid me what my posts are worth
I'd be owing you money...

I think that would at least make me CEO material..

Why are some people slow to learn? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Zillow-App-for-Android/375735/

Doesn't this Fhil person realize that he is risking the ultimate punishment of a bad spam haiku and flags that will haunt his dreams? Oh the humanity...

I love the smell of strawberries and napalm in the morning....

LOL James that would make a great bumper sticker!

Let's do it, split it 33 for you, 33 for me, and 33 for Robert Duvall, sound fair?

FREE Home Buying Seminar
Profile picture for James Ryan
Latest reply by James Ryan

1. 6105 Fieldcrest Dr, Frederick, MD Home For Sale
    6105 Fieldcrest Dr, Frederick, MD 21701

2. 6995 Clover Hill Dr, Frederick, MD Home For Sale
    6995 Clover Hill Dr, Frederick, MD 21702

3. 7716 Bridle Path Cir, Frederick, MD Home For Sale
    7716 Bridle Path Cir, Frederick, MD 21701