Profile picture for thaneschaffer

FREE MLS LISTING!

All,

I just listed two of my FSBO properties for free through a new (beta) service. Seems to work pretty good. It is only available in like 32 states (US)...but I'm pleased to see mine in MLS finally for FREE! Visit http://www.iggyshouse.com
  • July 13 2007 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for flhome1
We are also using www.iggyshouse.com for our FSBO home. So far we are liking it alot.

Profile picture for Tabby73
Are you getting responses?

Profile picture for chasmader
Hi--

The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a shared database supported by the fees it's members pay. I can guarentee that as soon as the local board to which www.iggyshouse.com uploads data gets wind of what it is doing, they will shut it down and cancel all listings currently active.

Many non-Realtors do not know this, but there are a whole host of rules that go along with being able to place listings in the MLS. The first of these is that you will abide by a code of ethics. The second is that should a dispute arise over a listing in the MLS, the local Board [of Realtors] will arbitrate it. This is why the MLS is what really sells homes. A property in the MLS is represented by a licensed brokerage in good standing.

Thank you,

CWM
San Francisco

Profile picture for balderdash3
I just read all about this IggysHouse program. It looks to me like they are fully licenses brokers in California only at this time. It is my guess that all local real estate agents are not going to like this system but whether or not they can shut down free enterprise is yet to be seen. This is one to watch....

Profile picture for robin398
Companies like this Iggyshouse.com won't stay around long, they never do. But, they will send out the message that as agents we are not worth the fee we charge(no matter what fee you charge). They are taking the value our of our service. First they started by saying that you don't need an agent to help you find a house.....find it yourself and we'll pay you mentality. Now, they are basicly saying that you don't need an agent to sell your house, all they do is put it in the MLS anyways and we'll do that for free.

Profile picture for Brenda Sprankel
I am curious to one of the prior questions also.
Are you getting any response?
Do they install a for sale post sign in the front yard? Do they advertise your homes in all the major newspapers until its sold? Do they host open houses on the weekends? Do they send out "Just Listed" postcards to the surroundng area? Do they give you any feed back about your listing?
Like the old saying goes "You get what you pay for"

Profile picture for joannab3884866
So.....realtors...how's that lawsuit going with the US department of justice?

Profile picture for robin398
It was a bogus lawsuit. Try and educate yourself.

Profile picture for joannab3884866
It's still ongoing. Ask the Feds.

Profile picture for JKR Realty
I assure you the lawsuit is not bogus! The Realtor associations around the country do hamper free competition. They specifically go after companies like us because we are a threat to the very fabric of their system. Ane we are a member! They have changed rules in our markets in order to try and stop our discounted model. I personally do not believe in virtual offices because I do not believe people buy houses from their computer. There are alot of companies out there that scam clients as well with the flat fee listing stuff. But a company that plays by their rules but chooses to reduce its commissions in order to help the client should not be tossed in the closet. Agents openly cry to our clients about our system and that it isnt fair...blah blah..blah. Time to get a grip on reality. Wait until each MLS figures out that their revenue system is specifically geared to the number of agents they have versus the number of listings an agent has. The number of agents will dramaticlly decrease in the coming years because their were way too many and the market has dried up. Cant wait to have that conversation! www.jkrrealty.com

Profile picture for DeShonna1
Good luck with that JKR Realty...unfounately you are kidding yourself..have you looked at the numbers lately?!!! Full service brokers (like Remax, Keller Williams, Century 21 etc.) still, statistically speaking, sell more houses than all discount brokers combined. I personally know agents that sell more than 500 houses a year. I seriously doubt these companies are threatened by you. I have NEVER heard a big agent crying about "JKR Realty" (HAHAHA)...It actually sounds as if you are the one threatened by all of your competitors...waiting around for them to give up their real estate licenses or something...you'll be waiting around a loooong time

Profile picture for JKR Realty
Deshonna, we hear that all the time. It is the typical mindset of a traditional Realtor. It's about them instead of the client. Time will tell I guess. You havent heard of JKR because we arent in Georgia...YET! Let me ask you, with just 2 listings, how do you plan on making money? Those agents closing 500 deals a year arent helping you make money are they? You should listen to th client instead of your Realtor buddies, most of which are starving by the way. Here is another question...do you think craig proctor makes more money in his real estate business or by selling his websites to starbing realtors? If you want to make real estate a career you will embrace new companies that are changing the way real estate is sold. If you are happy with a part time job you will continue to do things 'there' way. From your tone I already know the answer but good luck to you.

I think that many, many emotions are flying around here. I am sure that everyone agrees that business models within this field are influx. Throwing daggers only perpetuates an aura of anger. If there is any entity that is the cause it would be that of "evolution". We are a field attepting to adjust to technology. In time hopefully there will be more consistancy, more agreement and less dismay. I myself, only want to be successfull enough to enjoy my family within a field that I that I love.

JKR, I was looking at your web site, and I am just curious - what is the difference if you put a house on the MLS or I do. You charge for putting it on the MLS, if you procure the buyer, and if there is a selling agent. You may want to climb off the cross before you start slamming "conventional" agents.

Profile picture for joannab3884866
JKR Realty,

.......you go right on ahead with your slamming. Totally justified.

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/nar.htm

Profile picture for JKR Realty
Marci,

Aside from what we charge, probably nothing. We just go about it differently. I have nothing against traditional Realtors, but let me tell you, they cant say the same about us. It cracks me up to listen to traditional Realtors tell me how our system sucks, yet 4 of 5 make no money, have few listings and no lead source, and charge the client 6 or 7% and are resented for it. In the meantime we just opened our 13th market.

JKR, I agree that the winds of change are upon us. Being on my own, I have the ability to negotiate with the sellers to come to an agreement we can both live with financially. There are some people who do just want to be put on the MLS and ones that want an open house 7 days a week. The "free" service is somewhat of a joke, imo, because they probably take all their calls they get from Realtor.com, etc. and convert those buyers to the 3% listings.

Profile picture for greg1231
I had several items that were listed wrong on the MLS by the agent's office. It took a bunch of emails and calls before the matter was resolved.

Some were important like the wrong contact phone number and inaccurate information in the listing, forgetting to input data on one of the rooms. In the world of the internet, changes do not take 3 weeks to correct.

Whoever administered the site for the agency was inept at best.

Profile picture for JKR Realty
Marci

I agree. I do not believe a business model that gives away a listing hoping to get a buyers agent deal will be financially viable due to the minimum services laws. I just saw an article where an online company got their second round of financing for $12M and they thought that would make them profitable. Last year they did $1M in total revenue. Makes no sense to me. I've had owners of that kind of model tel me their agents where on salary so the commission didnt matter. When I asked them where the money came from to pay that salary they were all stumped. I believe Realtors provide a very valuable service. We have a different idea on how to work the system.

The stats are staggering when you look at them.
*70% of Agents make little to no money.
*Most have less than 3 listings.
*Traditional companies make up for low production per agent by hiring in the masses.
*Agents are responsible for their own lead sources which is usually very expensive unless you know somebody.
*Clients resent paying 6 to 7% to sell their house and will jump at the chance if given a reasonable alternative.

We have been able to build our company by fixing all of these issues. We are able to take hard working Brokers and Agents who are struggling and build a market around a real support and lead generation system. Most Agents are left to fend for themselves. We are tying to change that.....and help the client save some money along the way.

JKR, I totally agree with everything you said. A "fee for service" is the best bet in today's world. If the seller just wants MLS and paperwork, that's one thing. However, if the they want full service (ads, etc.), they should pay a higher commission.

Profile picture for JKR Realty
Totally agree

Profile picture for 1strgrmama
Its only free if you fax them all the info with your names and address and etc on it (tax statement-phone bill...?) why would they ask & need all of this info?I wont give someone I dont know info for id theft...!Specially now days .....