Profile picture for Anonymous30

Failed real estate exam twice. Has this happened to anyone else?

I am feeling very discouraged at this point. I've failed my exam twice. Should I be reconsidering my career choice?
  • May 04 2014 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for rkaiylah
I know I'm late but, have you taken it again?
  • May 02

I'm licensed in California and in Oregon. My California exam was incredibly easy... for me. It is very common to fail the exam 1 to 3 times before you pass, in fact the success rate is only 40%. In Oregon, the exam was incredibly difficult! So it will depend on the state in which you are looking for licensure. 

To succeed in real estate you do need to constantly learn. Every transaction is different. Every buyer is different. Every seller is different. You have to evolve with the industry and you need to have passion for the job. 
If you lack passion, you will not evolve and you will not do well. You will waste your time and possibly mess up someone's dream by not knowing what you're doing. 
Maybe reconsider if you lack the drive and passion but don't get discouraged if you think you'll be amazing at it, because honestly, the exam(s) aren't comprehensive of your job. AT ALL. 
Best of luck!

Yes, of course you should.

I don't know why you want to be a real estate licensee, but if you plan to be in real estate sales or leasing, you will need to learn things that you didn't already know before. The same is true of the licensing exam - it isn't a question of whether you knew this stuff before, it's a question of whether you know it now.

If you don't know it now, then I suggest that you consider whether you should take a serious run at learning it, or reconsider whether this is a field that truly holds your interest.

Are you doing a prep course or just studying on your own?  You need to take a good prep course.  Not everyone is a great teacher.  Do some networking in your area and find out which classes the agents in your area use.

Hello, No you should NOT be discouraged what so ever,   I know a person that failed the state exam 10 times a few years ago.  Well she is one of the Top producers in the state.   Good Luck!