Profile picture for simon88

False Renting Ad

I just found someone put a false renting ad for my property 1919 73rd Ave., Oakland, CA 94621, and I sent an inquiry and they reply and want me to wire money them, please advise how can I get this AD to be removed?
  • September 13 2011 - Hegenberger
  • 0

This is a trend to watch out for. Agents have seen active listings advertised as for rent (by people unrelated to the property). Con men show the property, collect rent deposits, and then disappear. I've heard that some of these false rentals are showing up on Craigslist. As agents, we all stay vigilant about controlling access to listed homes, so only bona fide agents and potential buyers can enter. Unfortunately, even that utmost standard of care doesn't seem to deter some scammers. Just another thing to watch out for... Good luck Simon88.

Profile picture for simon88
Thank you so much, I have reported to customer service.

I flagged it on your home page on Zillow using the "report problem with listing" at the bottom of the page. You can flag it on Zillow, but you can also flag it on Postlets here by using the "flag listing" button on the bottom bar of the page to send an email to them letting them know it's fraudulent. They will remove it ASAP. Hope it helps.

Please E-mail the details to Customer Service at this link.  They will remove it and pursue it.