Farewell to you all, it was fun while it lasted

I would like to say goodbye to you all.  I have decided to rejoin the Navy.  I just miss the camaraderie of being with 5000 men on the open sea for 6 months at a time.  I miss the smell of the ocean.  I miss launching helicopters from the flight deck.  I miss bunking with my other seamen.  I just miss it all, and I am longing to get that feeling back.

I want you all to know, I have really enjoyed getting to know you.  I will miss you all, but I will never forget any of you.  Keep fighting the good fight, and I will drop in every now and again.  I just have one regret, not getting to meet Jen in person.
  • December 16 2008 - Irvine
  • 0

Profile picture for Who Cares but Me
Well numb nuts, it was pretty far down on the chain of discussions, now you've brought it right back up top.  You get the duh award.

I am so happy Karen was able to dig this thread up. Come back to check zillow out after a couple week break and this is waiting for me...good times

Profile picture for Who Cares but Me
Homosexuality is nothing to joke about.  It does appear this man is in California, so that does explain a lot. If I am not mistaken, President Obmama intends on killing the 'don't ask don't tell' policy, so he should be just fine.  I do, however, recommend that you work out and get strong, because you might have issues with non homosexuals not taking kindly to your hitting on them.

Profile picture for Clearpoint
So does Geoff

I've always had a soft spot for a man in uniform!

Geoff- there is still time. There are plenty of Navy ports on the east coast. Call me, you sexy thing.

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your service....we all wish you well!!! I'm grateful there are men and women like you who are willing to do this important work!!!

Karen

Profile picture for CORONA NICK
Asta la vista....

Profile picture for Clearpoint

If Rob would have lived by the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" philosophy he would certainly be joining you.