Profile picture for LMS200151

Fastest way to quit claim my house to my daughter

• June 16 2011 - Las Vegas
  • 1

Best Answer

Hello LMS,

You do not need an attorney in the State of Nevada.  If you call any Title company, they can help you.  If you email me, I will be more than happy to help you facilitate your quit claim deed to your daughter.

You are now asking a question that is a bit confusing.  Why did you want to quit claim the home to her in the first place?  With a quit claim, you are only transferring to her any and all rights you have to the property, but you are not transferring any obligations relating to any promissory notes you may have signed.  So, if you have a loan on the property, you are not transferring responsibility for the property to her, and in fact, most likely trigger a due on sale clause... which (in this market) the Lender is not likely to exercise. 

The bottom line on this is that if she fails to make the payment, you are still obligated to make the payment, and any delinquency goes on your credit, not hers.

Still want to quit claim it to her?  Yes, you do need the legal description.  Easy enough to find, but you are wise to have a title company do it for you.  I am more than happy to help..no fee, of course... And I think my Title company would probably do it as a favor to me.  As they say, Just spreadin' the love man.

Best of luck, and thanks for reading.

You are right, a quit claim deed does not touch the financial responsibility.  If you have a mortgage, you are still responsible not the daughter.  She will have to qualify for a mortgage on her own.

Profile picture for LMS200151
Thankyou.  In order to do this I need a legal address of my home?  But a Quit Claim form states that financial responsibility is not resolved.  So why get one?

with an attorney