Fathers Day - a good day for an open house ?

WHAT do you think ?
  • June 16 2013 - Los Angeles
  • 0

Hi Vince,

Did you hold an open house yesterday? How did it go?

I had one here in Walnut Creek, CA for a beautiful property (listed at $729,900) in the Lakewood area and 17 groups came through. I was pretty happy with the turnout.

Best,
Julien

Its not the best day, but you have to remember that more people are in their cars and going into neighbors they don't live in to visit family and friends.  They may be looking in that neighborhood and now is there chance to take a look without making a special trip.  Also remember that not everyone still has their dad with them.  an open house may be a good distraction for someone in that position. 

Profile picture for RicoDCG
No, not at all.   Most people know somebody that's a dad; and I'm pretty sure the last thing folks want to do is drag good-old dad around looking at properties.  Rather, they're more than likely gonna find a nice restaurant, have a BQ, etc., a way they feel they can honor their special pop.  Speaking as a dad--because I am--looking at homes, properties, etc., would be the last thing I'd want to do.  Today, I just want to kick back and relax with my loved ones.  Anyway, those are my thoughts; hope it helps.

Happy Father's Day! Buy dad a house!

Works for me...as much as anything else.