Profile picture for jrl124c

Fianaical/tax consultant on real estate purchase

How do I find the appropriate professional to advise on financial/tax aspects of a real estate purchase?

More details:

1.  Current own a home valued 120K, have lived here 2 years.  Paid cash for it.  

2. We are planning to move in the area and would prefer to purchase our next home first and then after we move, sell our previous home.

3. Most of the assets we could use to buy the new home are in retirement funds, but are available since I'm 63.  We have enough to purchase the new home with cash if that was advantageous in some way.

So we need someone to advise us on the best way to do this.  For example, get some kind of bridge loan until we sell the old home?  Would need to consider net financial impact and tax issues.

So what kind of person am I looking for?

November 20 2013 - US

There are certainly ways you can keep your assets invested and draw a loan against those assets to act as a bridge loan while you are waiting for your current home to sell. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss further.

Sounds like you need a Financial Adviser. I know a few very good ones, I could recommend you depending on the State.