Profile picture for east2west2013

Filling out the PCOR

I'm filling out the Preliminary Change of Ownership Report, and Part I states transfer information. This is just a regular transfer of property from a seller to myself, the buyer. Most of Part I is pretty straight forward, but when I get to section J -the wording starts getting confusing. 

Here's a copy of it here:
http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/docs/PCOR.pdf

Please advise.
  • October 30 2013 - San Diego
  • 0

Section J deals with trust. The county wants to know if the property transfer is from a trust to a person, from a person to the trust, or from the trust to the survivors, etc... 

Trusts are legal entities that own the properties (holds title) and are managed by a trustee on behalf of the beneficiaries to the trust. 

If you have any questions about what you filled out is correct, then I would have your attorney take review it. 

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
We cannot give you legal advice.  Instructions on filling out a form are considered legal advice.  Please consult with an attorney to get the proper guidance.

Are you buying the home in the name of your trust?

Sinead